THINK PINK! Model Contest WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by Hawkeye, October 01, 2009, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

I got a Vickers Wellesley yesterday, and I'm thinking fill the back seat with cameras and paint it PR Pink....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Quote from: PanzerWulff on October 02, 2009, 09:55:48 AM
Hmmmm I'll have to take a look at this one I have had a "Pink Panther" crewed by some lovely frauleins on my to build list for a while.I plan on using a Tamiya Panther G and some Figures I got Herehttp://aurora-model.jp/e-military.html sounds like a good cause to me
"Panzer"

Ah - good.  :thumbsup:

Glad somebody's doing this because it was one of my first ideas until superceded by something else.

Pink paint has been purchased....... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

Quote from: Weaver on October 01, 2009, 07:44:01 PM
As to why blokes should be interested, think of it this way: save two of your hobbies with one of your other hobbies...... :wacko:

It can also affect men. There's a bloke localy (to me) who has had breast cancer, and is now helping the local cancer ward raise cash to help improve the place.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Martin H

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 02, 2009, 10:19:14 AM
I got a Vickers Wellesley yesterday, and I'm thinking fill the back seat with cameras and paint it PR Pink....

I did that a few years ago....sorry (but dont let that stop you)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Barry Krell

In addition to Martin raining on your parade, PR Pink isn't even pink, it's really just a white with a tiny amount of red added.  Total misnomer.  There's a colour photos of several PR Spitfires in PR Pink which prove my point.

Having said that, I'm toying with the idea of a Spitfire FRXII in PR Pink and I have a part started Xtrakit one somewhere...
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Glenn

Then again, what ever you build, you can tag it 'FAB 1'

Yes, I support the cause!
Glenn

Weaver

Quote from: Barry Krell on October 02, 2009, 07:05:42 PM
In addition to Martin raining on your parade, PR Pink isn't even pink, it's really just a white with a tiny amount of red added.  Total misnomer.  There's a colour photos of several PR Spitfires in PR Pink which prove my point.

Having said that, I'm toying with the idea of a Spitfire FRXII in PR Pink and I have a part started Xtrakit one somewhere...

Having said that you've said that, if you look at the competition gallery, there are two PR pink aircraft already in it, so the colour is clearly pink enough to be admissible..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

I'm glad that Martin pointed out that chaps can suffer from Breast Cancer too. I've a mother who's survived, but lost several friends at painfully young ages to this dreadful disease. I'm sure I can rustle up a model/picture.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

Great idea - I'm thinking of a Pink Hawker Hunter (it was the Sabrinas...sorry ;D)

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Joe C-P

For those of you who prefer ships, one could choose an RN vessel and revive Mountbatten Pink.

I have a real-world model, HMS Jersey, that will be in that colour; White Ensign Models makes tins of it.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

beowulf

great idea for a build theme but forgive me if i sit this one out............im a member of another forum that also has a pink group build running.........in the last few months ive done a bike, 2 cars and a P40E Reno Racer.......ive seen enough of pink  ;D ;D

but this will be a great one to watch
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Radish

With the sights on display at Rocky Horror last night, I'd considered a pink Hunter too, for the same reasons as mentioned, but I have lots of other ideas....... :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

dragon

Quote from: Radish on October 04, 2009, 01:37:25 AM
With the sights on display at Rocky Horror last night, I'd considered a pink Hunter too, for the same reasons as mentioned, but I have lots of other ideas....... :wacko:

Be afraid- Be very afraid.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST