THINK PINK! Model Contest WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by Hawkeye, October 01, 2009, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Pink Ferret Weaver?

I actually have one of the Pink Panther Mobiles in the stash.  Keep debating if I should sell it off or build it.

I love the mix of RW and Whiff in the contest.  Be interesting to see how the vote goes.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Quote from: philp on October 24, 2009, 09:44:55 AM
Pink Ferret Weaver?

I actually have one of the Pink Panther Mobiles in the stash.  Keep debating if I should sell it off or build it.

I love the mix of RW and Whiff in the contest.  Be interesting to see how the vote goes.

Yep!  :thumbsup: ;D

Was there a proper kit of the Pink Panther car then? I've seen the Dinky (flywheel) toy and another plastic toy, but never a kit of it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Yep, full interior in the back also.  Supposed to be not the easiest build.  I picked up two at the LHS from someones old collection for a decent price and sold one off on ebay for $86.  Kept the other planning on building it but at the speed I go, might be better to see if I can get another few bucks for it and use that for something else.  Can't remember the manufacturer.  Will have to check the stash later.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Learn something new every day!

I originally wanted to do some kind of interior for the Pink Ferret, but a) time was against me and b) the PP figure had to be cut to fit, so it was better for him to "vanish" into a black hole than have the fact that he ended at the waist scrutinised. If I re-do it properly (which I'm considering) I might at least put bulkheads in there.

Something else I considered, as a nod to the Dinky flywheel-powered version that most people are probably familiar with, was to replace the undercarriage with two big "hotrod" style wheels in the weapon bays. Unfortunately, the exaggerated wing anhedral made this a non-starter in the available time.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Hawkeye

Just a reminder that this Wednesday noon CST is the entry deadline. Lots of nice models already entered.
http://hawkeyes-squawkbox.com/contest-room/
Gerald Voigt
http://www.hawkeyeshobbies.com
Its not the workbench that makes the model, it is the modeler at the workbench.

Hawkeye

Gerald Voigt
http://www.hawkeyeshobbies.com
Its not the workbench that makes the model, it is the modeler at the workbench.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Good choice - that's a really pretty model!  :wub:

Thanks for a great competition Hawkeye - enjoyed it a lot!

- Indiana Jones

beowulf

wow!.............that is extreamly nice!!!!!
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter