Anti-Radiation Missiles

Started by Sauragnmon, August 06, 2009, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

A little closer underwater is one thing, comparatively, attacking a CVBG with AEGIS, you've got the problem of having to swarm it and overwhelm the defenses to score the key hits.  Once you've punched out the AEGIS carriers it gets a little easier.  I could almost see a design in my head for a heavy-hitting two-stage weapon... basically a UCAV Torpedo bomber carrying a 650mm ADCAP torp, that once released the UCAV goes from bomber into missile and tries to take out the closest signature.  Give it an ARM seeker to guide it into the target, and a RWR so that in the event it gets spiked by radar for an incoming missile it drops the torpedo.  If the torpedo's got a decent enough supply, chances are by the time you can pick it up and engage the UCAV, the torp's already in range.  If you can pop the AEGIS, then chances are the nearby Oscar can surface enough to pop his stack of Granits on the CVBG with a much better chance of scoring a hard kill or four.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Just call me Ray

On another message board I've talked about missiles with ADCAP warheads; Saur knows exactly what I mean.
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net