Red Lightning

Started by Eddie M., October 04, 2009, 05:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Oh, I'm liking this.....UJ tail is a stroke of genius :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Weaver

That looks great Eddie!

I was going to take issue with the way the white line sweeps up on the rear fuse, but now I've seen the Union Jack effect, I'm glad I kept it shut....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ElectrikBlue

Very nice paint scheme and neat work for such a small scale!

srkirad

wow.. very cool livery on this one!

I'm glad you guys are doing machines that never flew in acro-teams in those liveries... and these look so different and refreshing! :)

:cheers:
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

nev

Don't forget though that in the early 60s 56 Squadron was the RAFs official display team

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Eddie M.

Thanks for the comments Gents!

Nev, that is a nice looking jet. I guess the fun of doing something like this for me is that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I did look at some of the Red Arrows recent history, but nothing going that far back. Ignorance is bliss in this case. ;)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Now the color is starting to jump out a bit....

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Smashing paint scheme, Eddie!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Call this one finished. This was a fun whim of a whif.;D

Look behind you!

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is TOO COOL :ph34r: you did Great!!!!!!!! Hope to see More Awesome From You!!!!!! :cheers:

nev

What a sight that would have been to see :wub:

tanktastic43

Hot! 'nuff said.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

Ed S

Nice one Eddie.  Those bright colors look good on the Lightning.
:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Egads, mate, but I'm biting back a gullet-full of envy over here whilst I snack on me crumpets and tea.

Splendid...particularly the scheme.

And such.

:thumbsup: :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.