Main Menu

F-15G

Started by Eddie M., October 09, 2009, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

In a frantic attempt of actually finish a few models for a sense of completion on some level with all of the WIP I've got going, I've added a second completed model to the shelf in 2 days.

Believe it or not, I've got a basic story to go with it.

In the days ahead, as space becomes a part of "air superiority", there became a need to quickly put small GPS and spy sats in orbit to replace those that have been destroyed by hunter/killer sats. Several F-15s where retro fitted to to reach higher altitude at a very quick rate and launch mini-Pegasus missiles to insert their cargo at a moments notice once a satillite was found to be out of action. Here is the F-15G. It's an Academy F-15 in 1/144. I made the missiles myself.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

ChernayaAkula

Very nice! :thumbsup: Really like the F-15's looks with the canted vertical stabs. The missiles are pretty cool, too.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Production F-15SE?  Like it! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Very nice Eddie,
Hats off to anyone who can work with such small kits and make them look so good  :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Brian da Basher

Wicked, Eddie! I really like how a slight modification can change the entire look of an aircraft. The canted tail feathers are truly inspired and the burner cans and tinted canopy are an excellent enchancement!

Another winner all the way!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Brilliant..... simple as that  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jeffry Fontaine

Once again the K.I.S.S. approach has won out.  Nice work and a simple enough conversion.  Definitely reduces the work load when your are using 1/144th scale for your projects.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

BlackOps

The new tail end really works out nicely on the F-15.  :thumbsup:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ed S

Nice kit bash, Eddie.  Nice idea for the updated Eagle.
:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Captain Canada

Nice one, Eddie. The weapons are way cool ! It does feel good to finish something, eh ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

Beautiful result indeed! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen!! It is nice to be recognized by one's peers, especially the talented lot we have here. :)
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Okay, stop reading my mind, already!!  This is freaky.  I might just e-mail my excel spreadsheet of planned What Ifs and have you highlight the same ones you've also already thought of.  Weird!  Anyhow, good to see the concept in the hands of a styrene master.

Inspiring, as always, even in 1:144 scale, Eddie.    :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.