Main Menu

VC-10 AEW-5

Started by JayBee, October 14, 2009, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Based on these photos, I concluded the arm was hidden underneath the engine cowling.

Old Wombat

Certainly looks like it! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I've not seen either of those phptps before Harro, they're very informative indeed, well spotted.

The pylons on a VC10 are warped along their length anyway, you can see the twist on the starboard pylon, but I didn't realise the twist on the port pylon on G-AXLR was SO marked until I saw that photo.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Well that nails that then. Great pair of pictures and I have no problem in saying that I was wrong.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

There are pics of G-AXLR taken during the conversion where can see the curved beam, but they must have been taken before they skinned the pylon or the mountings.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

Would that work on the IL-62M? Got a Playfix 1/100 in my stash and the resin Nimrod AEW conversion kit in 1/72? I've seen a couple of CGI pictures on Google Images- AEW.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on May 23, 2014, 02:20:28 PM
Would that work on the IL-62M? Got a Playfix 1/100 in my stash and the resin Nimrod AEW conversion kit in 1/72? I've seen a couple of CGI pictures on Google Images- AEW.

Somewhere in Russia there probably is one........  ;)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Glad this has been brought back in to the light....great build and great info. Love the VC.10. I'm going to go click and save a few pics.

:cheers: :bow:

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

This is one of those REALLY GREAT Whiffs to my mind.

It's so darned obvious and yet no-one did it till Jim bit the bullet.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

So sexy, so elegant... I love it!   Very nice work and I'd say your self made transfers are good indeed....  mission success.  :mellow:

Beautiful plane model.   :wub:

-Sprues McDuck-