Soviet Bomber Projects

Started by overscan, March 09, 2004, 12:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skorpio

Apparently, Tony is considering a Russian book, according to some gossip.

The only Soviet bomber I want a kit of is the russian development of the Ju 287.  Can't remember the neme, but it had a pair of Nenes.  If this came out, it would be easier to backdate to a 287.  I think Unicraft is going to do it in resin (cast in awful resin and at an extortionate price...), the Junkers project 140.

Tophe

Thanks for the explanations, Overscan. Tony Buttler told me his future book-projects are French and Soviet secret aircraft-projects... You advertise wonderfully the subject, I think, this can be explained to anyone who would disagree. The book (from Tony Buttler or someone) will provide all the data and your introduction does not still anything, just make most of us wanting to buy these books. I think. :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

I have a resin kit of the EF-140. It is available both with Russian versions of the Jumo engine and the Russian engines. I got it somewhere in Germany. I could check with the guy I bought it from wheather he has more. Do you want one?

Tom (Zuid99)
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Deino

QuoteIf only Tony Buttler would do Russian Secret Projects...

I'd buy all the volumes ;)
YES, YES, YES[/size]

Deino   :D  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Libelula

A post 1960 French unbuilt aircraft projects would be also great!!.
I have the two volume Docavia's "Les Avions de Combat Françaises 1945-1960" an think they are master pieces.

I think Tony Buttler has our admiration because his books are 100% unbuilt projects. It is disapointing to spend a lot of money in a book for just a couple of pics of unbuilt projects or preliminary design or unbuilt versions of a built project.

I think we all love books :wub:  but share scans and information is also needed. :cheers:  I don't like to read my books alone...I love to share my passion!

nev

Thanks Overscan, some seriously wicked looking planes there!  :wub:  Gotta hand it to them Ruskies, they sure knew how to design interesting looking birds  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May