Austrian Jaguar

Started by bacofoil, October 16, 2009, 08:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacofoil

The kit used was form someone called HOBBY KIT.Cant say that Ive heard of them very much.I think the scale is about 1/100 but nothing on the kit box to confirm that.I picked it up at a model show for £1 and apart from the plastic being very soft it wasn't a bad fit.

Weaver

Quote from: bacofoil on November 01, 2009, 03:53:14 AM
The kit used was form someone called HOBBY KIT.Cant say that Ive heard of them very much.I think the scale is about 1/100 but nothing on the kit box to confirm that.I picked it up at a model show for £1 and apart from the plastic being very soft it wasn't a bad fit.

I've got one of these: it was advertised on ebay as being 1/100th and some (but by no means all) of their other stuff is 1/100th too.

Given that the Austrians had a small ceremony when they received their first Sidewinders*, I think they'd probably paint them white just to show them off!  ;D

*they were forbidden by end-of-WWII treaties from having any "missiles" of any kind. Obviously designed to prevent NATO nukes being based in Austria, the treaty was worded in such a way as to ban ALL missiles, even Sidewinders. They had to get a special dispensation to buy some Sidewinders in order to better police their airspace during the Bosnian conflict when Croat/Slovenian aircraft started violating their borders.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones