Wacky Racers in the Air!!!!!!!!!

Started by Cobra, October 19, 2009, 11:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, Remember the Cartoon 'Wacky Races'???????? What if All the Racers were in Aircraft????? What Planes would Work for All the Racers????? just something i was Inspired to ask about! thanks for Looking. btw, Only the 'Red Max' was an aircraft!!!!!!!!!

Daryl J.

Dick Dastardly and Muttley took to the air later didn't they?
[Edit]   Yep.   Linky:  http://www.amazon.com/Dastardly-Muttley-Their-Flying-Machines/dp/B0007QS31A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256020040&sr=8-1

For Wacky Racers, there's a ton of material.   Putting one's brain into a blend of Rat Fink, ecological shapes, tie die and polyester should help.   :wacko: :wacko: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd start with the SE5a myself.
Penelope Pitstop would get a pink, flowerdy Travel Air Mystery Ship or a stubby Bf-109F.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

Stargazer

Of COURSE, Dastardly and Muttley DID fly, as German-ish World War One would-be aces trying to keep the same witty pigeon to carry messages across the border!

Back to Wacky Races... I really wonder what kind of aircraft the caveman brothers could possibly use???  :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink:

Weaver

Wright Flyer-style thang made out of skin, bamboo and bones and pedal powered?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

SSgt Baloo

Quote from: Weaver on October 20, 2009, 04:19:06 AM

Nah, they'd take a page from the Flintstones playbook and use pterodactyls for propulsion.

ETA: Example link to Youtube video. Look about 12 seconds in.

My favorite designs were the ones with a wood and stone airframe with smaller pterodactyls as engines.
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.

SSgt Baloo

Quote from: SSgt Baloo on October 20, 2009, 12:08:08 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 20, 2009, 04:19:06 AM

Nah, they'd take a page from the Flintstones playbook and use pterodactyls for propulsion.

ETA: Example link to Youtube video. Look about 12 seconds in.

My favorite designs were the ones with a wood and stone airframe with smaller pterodactyls as engines.

Oops! Forgot to provide the link. There will be a slight delay while I try to find it again.  :banghead:

SSgt Baloo

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Stargazer

Over here it gets the occasional TV repeat and it's good to see it's stil as enjoyable as way back then. My kids even like it, which can be a good sign in this case...