Urban Combat Abrams M1A8 (Urban)--- Finished

Started by buzzbomb, October 20, 2009, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

BlackOps

Quote from: noxioux on October 22, 2009, 09:58:57 PM
Badass!

Most definately!  :wub:  :bow:   This is going to be so freakin cool!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

chrisonord

Now this is going to be one nasty girl that's for sure :wacko: very very nice :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

What a beauty ! Great idea and great job so far.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

buzzbomb

Thanks again folks.. for some reason I am making great headway on this

This is where we are at, with the bits and bobs taped/blutacked/sitting on the model.. things are not straight yet.. so dont panic on the wonky guns

I am experimenting with trying to use Kristal Kleer mixed with Clear Red paint to try and get the vision blocks looking..rightish..
Hence the blobby apperance.. dont worry it will be cleaned up.

Next is fitting the Bar Armour Supports and getting that on

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Damian2

Stunning camo pattern there matey!!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mossie

Looks fantastic!  Looking forward to seeing more! :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Gorgeous cammo and a really wicked concept!  :thumbsup:

One small observation if I may? It's not clear, but it looks as though a missile from that pop-up launcher in the bustle would hit the TI turret in front of it. Maybe it need a bit of elevation too?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

buzzbomb

Thanks again for the great support. This has been a fun project and happy with the way it turned out.. even the bar armour came out better than I expected.
Finally it is just about done.. popped a couple of joins on the bar armour, but nothing too drastic, prolly solder them all together now I know it fits.
So this is what if finally looks like, with all the bits and bobs and dozer blade

Quote from: Weaver on October 26, 2009, 05:36:18 AM
One small observation if I may? It's not clear, but it looks as though a missile from that pop-up launcher in the bustle would hit the TI turret in front of it. Maybe it need a bit of elevation too?

Thanks Weaver, Dead on.. in fact I had to make the popup launcher a bit bigger to get around the sensor array, just shows how great ideas sometimes need a bit of modification to work

Went together surprisingly quickly really, just got a run on with it and using acrylic paints means you can paint and mask quicker.
Have to sort out my next project I suppose

Cheers

Brian t

chrisonord

WOW!!!!!!!!! :o
That is just fabulous Brian, it really is! I could do with a couple of those in my 1/72nd scale fleet :thumbsup:
I can't wait to see what you come up with next,  :cheers:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

What a beauty!   :wub: The paint job is excellent & the bar armour is work of art, wouldn't have thought to solder it.

Fantastic! :bow: :bow: :bow:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Very NICE!!   This camo looks really good.  And the weathering is top notch.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.