Urban Combat Abrams M1A8 (Urban)--- Finished

Started by buzzbomb, October 20, 2009, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Wicked stuff, man.  The camo is sweet, the concept is awesome, I can just see that thing making an Urban Nightmare for somebody... plowing a trashed car out of the way, guns just pounding away into a building, pop-up missile flying off at some tank in the distance, she just shows an urban hell scenario looking at her.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

Yep - that's excellent. Great Paint, good weathering (just right, not OTT) and the bar armour looks the part. Well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

7 kinds of awesomeness.  I see someone has already nominated this for a whiffie, saves me a job :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: nev on October 28, 2009, 10:33:39 AM
7 kinds of awesomeness.  I see someone has already nominated this for a whiffie, saves me a job :thumbsup:

^ What Nev said! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

Nice - could we have some close up shots of the mini turrets and missile launcher please?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

buzzbomb

Quote from: GTX on October 30, 2009, 01:42:05 PM
Nice - could we have some close up shots of the mini turrets and missile launcher please?

Regards,

Greg

Sure !!

Damn I hate (but yet love) close ups.. now I have to fix some stuff :rolleyes:
I reckon I need a small sensor/camera on the roundy type turret

thanks for all the nice words and encouragement from you all here.. I am really loving getting inspiration here from all the great stuff I see.

Brian T

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Very nice conversion and very nice finish!

Love watching your conversion come to fruition!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

rallymodeller

--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

batmancustoms

Holly poop!  Ummm Thats Just plain Bad Azz my man!!!!!!  I love it :thumbsup:
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

wolfik

one of th best armour projects ever seen....
wow...