The Hall of Justice (Proditor's Superhero Figures)

Started by proditor, October 24, 2009, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

I love Superheroes.  I won't go into the whole reinvention of modern myth thing, but suffice to say, I freakin' love superheroes.   ;D

Here are some of the minis I've made.  Most of them are converted to some degree, some are almost sculpted from nothing.  I hope folks like them.

First up:  The Canadians!  I have two groups here, one from Marvel COmics, and the other a product of the Superhero game Champions.  The first is the awesome Alpha Flight by Marvel Comics.  The good ones, not that recent cra...um...reinvention.  Back row, left to right: Northstar, Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, and Aurora.  Front Row: Shaman, Puck, and Marrina.

Next up is Canadian Shield, the product of an online attempt to invent a distinctly Canadian Superhero team.  From left to right:   Mosaic, Rebound, Kodiak, Big Nickel, Magus, Hellfighter, and The Arrow.

Now the Supreme Soviets/WinterGuard/Soviet Super Soldiers, or whatever they call themselves this week.  Also Marvel Comics.  Again, from l to r: Vanguard, Red Guardian, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Ursa Major, and Darkstar.

Well cover the UK in the next post.

proditor

Okay, we have three pictures; One team, and two shots of the same guy.  The team is the New Knights, my own version of an RPG UK Superhero team.  From l to r: Spitfire, Stalwart, The Clansman, Union Jack, Gurkha, and Silver Shadow.

And, my National Hero for a world setting I drafted for an RPG game: Britannic from War of the Worlds (with Superheroes...)

And his cape:

Hope folks enjoy them.  :)

PS: I may be a card-carrying Yank, but man do I love painting the Union Jack.  :D

nev

Now that takes whiffing to a whole new level.  Not into the S/H thing at all, but these are really cool.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sauragnmon

I'm with Nev - cool they are!  Seriously awesome stuff.  I like the Big Nickel.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

proditor

Thanks guys!  I'll post a few more pics of Union Jack a little later as he involved a lot of work and I'm rather proud of him.  ;)

proditor

Here's why I love my Union Jack fig...

I started with this:

And I wanted him to look like this:

So I got out the Tamiya Sculpting Putty, a paperclip, and a spare 28mm knife.  I ended up with what I feel is a nice roughly 1/48 superhero.

Next up later tonight, one figure, four different Iron-Men!!

Excelsior!!

proditor

Here they are, the Iron-Men!  I only completed them to play level, didn't do much with the painting.  All from the same figure, and putty, putty, putty.

There are more detailed pics, but I figure I'll move along unless anyone wants more angles and such.

Sauragnmon

I have to admit - I Love your Union Jack fig.  I wouldn't mind a few more shots of your Black Iron Man.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

proditor

I'll give ya all 4 Iron Men.  :)

Old School Red and Gold, Stealth, Silver Centurion, and Post Armor Wars.  All front and Back, and all in chornological order (Cuz I'm a huge geek)

Brian da Basher

Those are some wickedly cool figures, Proditor! I especially like how you modified Captain America to Brigadier Union Jack.

Now I can't get "Hail Brittania" out of my head...

Great stuff!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sauragnmon

I'm with Brian - I Love Union Jack.  Seriously wicked piece of work.

I gotta admit, I was never a big fan of Iron Man's red and gold suits - the red needed to be darker to set off against the gold, not quite enough contrast to my tastes.  The Stealth Suit is pretty nice though.

Army of One

Oh very cool.....some great little figs well modified......stunning  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

arkon

what? no iron man war machine! those you do have are awsome though.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

proditor

Nah, no War Machine as they made one for me.  ;)  I only made the ones that didn't exist at the time.

arkon

are these based off the heroclix game, looks like they are ,have not played it. i would like to see their version.but want to see how you would do it. the shoulder gun is just to cool,i think you could put more detail in it . and how about the warmonger suit from the movie?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice