IPMS UK Scale Model World Telford Nov 7th & 8th

Started by Thorvic, October 25, 2009, 04:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

will hopefuly be there 1 day of the 2, dont know which yet, or if ill be driving or geting a lift from a couple of freinds
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Martin H

Quote from: JayBee on October 27, 2009, 10:39:43 AM
I am now going to be there on the Friday, early evening I would say, and staying at the Holiday Inn, so not far to stagger, from tiredness I must add.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JimB
then your in the same hotel as the bulk of the gang Jim
Unfortunately,

Gondor

I will be there for the whole weekend. I will be travelling down from Scotland duering the friday so will be able to help set up on the Friday night as well as help man the tabel over the whole weekend.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Unfortunately,

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

lenny100

unfortunately due to a unexpected large bill I have had to cancel my trip down to Telford this year
hope you all have a great time and put up plenty of photographs of the show and i hope to see you all next year in Huddersfield
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Martin H

Unfortunately,

kitbasher

Yes, have a great time, guys.  Safe journeys there and back - wish I could make it but there you go, these things happen.  Look forward to seeing photos of the SIG stand on th eforum and I hope a SIG member wins the Mushroom Models Trophy again this year!   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on October 27, 2009, 12:02:39 PM
I might be there on one day. Possibilities are:

1. Go to SMW on Saturday, then go straight to biker's bonfire bash in Warrington. Downside = long day & need to be on bike, which limits kit-buying potential.

2. Go to SMW on Sunday. Downside = motivation might be hard to find depending on how "tired and emotional" I get at the bonfire bash..... :drink:

However BOTH options might be ruled out by an excess of RWSTD (Real World Stuff To Do), so I won't know until the last minute.

Was going to go today, but now I can't: my elderly mother's had a bed few days and I don't want to leave her today. If she's significantly better tomorrow then I might go, but it's not looking promising......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nev

Coming soon.  Had a terrific time on Saturday, spent most of the day chewing the fat with brothers Narses, Thorvic, Mossie and Melchett.  Saw Lance just as I was leaving, shook hands and said "bye" Thats the way it goes.

Airfix 1/350 Illustrious looks superb, RRP is only £50.

Most enjoyable day I've had at Telford in years, thanks mainly to the folks on here :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

I got back home about an hour ago. Loads of money spent, plenty of plastic added to the stash. And plenty of good company all round.

Im sure those who took photos will be posting them over the next few days.
Unfortunately,

Radish

Came away with some truly memorable ideas...
and David Hart took a "Walkround" of me....hope he posts the pictures.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen