We ARE secret santa'ing this year! (formerly Are we secret santa'ing this year?)

Started by puddingwrestler, October 25, 2009, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

I say Open, open, open.

Some of us already know what we have and are preplanning so you would be at an unfair disadvantage if you don't know what you are starting with.

Makes sense, right?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

noxioux

Whiffing immediately suspended!!!

Did not get far--just working out some ideas. . .

In the interest of fairness, I'll be waiting an extra day or two after the official GO to begin building.  Will that be OK?

philp

<Sgt Schultz>I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing</Sgt Schultz>
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

batmancustoms

lol , Im trying not to think of any ideas. But dang its hard not to.
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

jcf

Gentlemen, cogitus interruptus serves no purpose.

Fondling, pondering and mucking about with ideas before the start date of a group build is not only normal, it is expected as
evidenced by the ideas, examples and inspirations discussed in the various group build proposal threads.

Jon

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Mossie

Quote from: philp on December 16, 2009, 04:33:05 PM
I say Open, open, open.

Some of us already know what we have and are preplanning so you would be at an unfair disadvantage if you don't know what you are starting with.

Makes sense, right?

Ouch, let go of my arm!!!  Oh, if I must! ;D  Had a look now & I'm very happy with the kit, pretty much a whiff-in-a-box.  In fact, it was one I thinking of getting & sending out myself until I realised I had a kit in the stash that would suit the person I sent to.

:party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

It arrived to-day :party:
But..........the note said no peeking until Christmas morning.......BOO, HISS.
So I took advice from the Oracle (this thread) and followed the example of that upstanding member of this community (Mossie) and had a look.
I am glad I did as one more clue has fallen into place.

So, MR. S of the O.I's, your 'Challenge' is accepted, and considerring where it came from and where it arrived, the Celtic (not the football team) theme will be continued.

To answer your question in the note "should it fly, should it float, or should it crawl upon the ground?",
Yes I think so. :rolleyes:

Happy Christmas, or whatever festive season you are celebrating, everyone.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

sudzonic

Quote from: JayBee on December 18, 2009, 02:09:48 AM
It arrived to-day :party:
But..........the note said no peeking until Christmas morning.......BOO, HISS.
So I took advice from the Oracle (this thread) and followed the example of that upstanding member of this community (Mossie) and had a look.
I am glad I did as one more clue has fallen into place.

So, MR. S of the O.I's, your 'Challenge' is accepted, and considerring where it came from and where it arrived, the Celtic (not the football team) theme will be continued.

To answer your question in the note "should it fly, should it float, or should it crawl upon the ground?",
Yes I think so. :rolleyes:

Happy Christmas, or whatever festive season you are celebrating, everyone.

JimB
:thumbsup:

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Dork the kit slayer

Looks like most of the secrets are out and either been given a good coat of looking at or like mine are under the tree.
It has befallen me to provide a prize for the winner of this  group type build and promise something beyond the dreams of avarice ( well I may have to break into my white fiver)
Im sure you are now all of a tremble................................Cool yule ya all
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

Crazy on a ship of fools.....that's all I gotta say about my good friend Gary  :wub:! I've got a super cool diorama idea baked up for a couple of my SSGB kits. Mind you, the crazy bugger sent me four, but I can't for the life of me think of how to make 'em all into one !  :banghead:

Thanks Gary, and Merry Christmas !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

puddingwrestler

Apply heat. You can make an amazing replica of various scenes from 'The Blob' that way; and the best thing is they can be in any scale you can find a Steve McQueen model in...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Well I had to open mine because it came on the same day as a bunch of stuff from ebay, so it's been looked at and thought about.....

I have two ideas: one of them is sensible, respectful to a historic aircraft and as near to "accurate" as a whiff can be, and the other............

...........isn't  :wacko:

I was going to ask which you think I should do, but honestly, is there any point?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 18, 2009, 01:08:48 PM
Apply heat.

That would certainly make it easier !

I have, after careful consideration ( plenty of beer and lots of staring ) come up with a plan for articles 3 and 4.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?