We ARE secret santa'ing this year! (formerly Are we secret santa'ing this year?)

Started by puddingwrestler, October 25, 2009, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

well you can sign me up, It's the UK for me !!
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Ed S

I'm willing to give this a try.  I'm in the US.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

JayBee

Aye laddie, we Scots have to take a stand!
:cheers:

JayBee
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

philp

I only did this once and my kit is still in the box (sounds like a trend) although parts of it may end up in my planned Henneway.

What the heck, put me down.

Phil Peterson
Utah, USA
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Raises an interesting point, doesn't it? If you send someone something that deliberately challenges them, is it likely to end up simply not being built, but on the other hand, if you send them something that's firmly in their comfort zone, then what's the point?  :huh:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

One way to challenge folks enough yet not too much is to send a prop job to a jet modeler and vice-versa. Maybe send a race car to a member who usually builds armor, you get the idea.

I'm known for my love of biplanes, inter-war aircraft and spats. :wub:

For the last Secret Santa, I was sent an F-15. Here's what I did with it
Brian da Basher

puddingwrestler

We've got nine interested parties so far (mostly from the UK, and a startling none from Canada), so we are on the verge of the cusp of doing this thing.
I'm inclined to put the cut-off date for signing up as December the One, simply because of the dreaded postage shipping times and to allow time for people to select a truely suitable item.

So; Canadians, Australians, Africans, South Americans, Martians and Atlanteans; hurry up or you will not be represnted! (Also so I can atleast send something to a fellow Australian and avoid the dreaded international shipping costs)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

DaFROG

I'll sign up for australia not sure how this works though being related to PW anyway.

perhaps to spice things up we should have a target sprues/parts count (probably best kept to one scale and subject eg vehicle only or aircraft only to building the collection of parts as a single "kit" possible) + 1 decal sheet +1 set of instructions + 1 box none of which necessarily have to have come from the same kit originally.

The above suggestion is primarily aimed at PW.
DaFROG'S racing parts unincorperated will not be held liable for any injuries, financial losses international incidents, pregnancies, natural disasters, unnatural disasters, acts of glod or giant mechanical fighting chickens from beyond the depths of 20,000 fathoms that this suggestion may cause. excess consumption may have a laxitive effect

Mossie

I think people have to be aware that they may well get a kit that's outside their normal comfort zone.  I would say that if you're not prepared for that, then it's probably not a good idea to take part.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

puddingwrestler

OKay, I reckon we've got enough people to run this now.

Pyro; where are you from?

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on November 18, 2009, 10:14:50 AM
Aye laddie, we Scots have to take a stand!

JayBee

Just remember to put the stand back when you're done with it!! :lol: :lol:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

puddingwrestler

And now, wihtout further ado, here are the rules as far as I have gotten with them:

Commandment 1: Thou shalt select a kit (either from thy stash or from thy local dealer in kits) and send to thy allocated recipient.
Commandment 2: Thy gift shall cost no more than about $25 of your earthling australian dollars (about 20US, probably about 18 pounds or so)
Commandment 3: Thou shalt not open your gift until Christmas.
Commandment 4: Thou shalt build thy kit by next christmas
Commandment 5: Thou shalt attempt to challenge thy allocated recipient, but thou shalt not send unbuildable rubbish.
Commandment 6: Thou shalt continue tradition by not having rule six.
Commandment 7: Thou shalt do anything unto thy model; so long as it whiff'ed be.
Commandment 8: Thou shalt indicate thy desire to participate by the 1st day of December, in this, the year of our lord, 2009.
Commandment 9: After the aforementioned date, thou shalt not be able to enter and thence shall cry mournfully into thy beer.
Commandment 10: Thou shalt recieve a PM on or around the 2nd(ish) day of December to tell thee to whom thou are to send.

Thank ye, and have a merry christmoose!

Okay, according to the picture, have a mournful christmoose...

proditor

I'm getting ready to move, so coincidentally, I'm sorting my entire stash.  ;)

I'll jump on board if there is more room on bandwagon.

Maryland, USA.