We ARE secret santa'ing this year! (formerly Are we secret santa'ing this year?)

Started by puddingwrestler, October 25, 2009, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

My main kit has been bought, but turned out to be less expensive than I thought, so I'm currently contemplating what extras to throw in: challenge vs chance of being made - hmmmmmm........

I presume that if multiple kits are sent, only one of them has to be built by Easter for the competition? Receiver's choice or Giver designates?..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

batmancustoms

Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 05, 2009, 01:29:44 PM
All makes sense, however I have gotten around it all in another way: I gift wrapped the actual kit, then packaged it for postage.

oh dammit thats a great idea brother!!!! :banghead:

I wish I would of thought of that.
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Weaver on December 05, 2009, 02:06:09 PM
My main kit has been bought, but turned out to be less expensive than I thought, so I'm currently contemplating what extras to throw in: challenge vs chance of being made - hmmmmmm........

I presume that if multiple kits are sent, only one of them has to be built by Easter for the competition? Receiver's choice or Giver designates?..... :wacko:

I'd be inclined to say both, or possibly combine them both to make something else; however I build blisteringly fast, and being a teacher, have six weeks off over whiffsmas...
Possibly send sometihng which complements the main kit. For eg; if you send a plane, why not send some ground crew figures with it? Or the parts to make a model whiffsmas tree (See the Terrain For Hippos Orksmas Special, which should be online this arvo some time)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 05, 2009, 04:05:43 PM

Possibly send sometihng which complements the main kit. For eg; if you send a plane, why not send some ground crew figures with it?

An excellent suggestion which I have, in essence, applied: cheers!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

philp

I just threw in another kit.  Maybe he can combine the parts or just make 2 with different markings.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Mine is wrapped ad ready to go out tomorrow. I also received my present in the post today. Very interesting... :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

philp

Got mine sent off tonight and then when I got home, my gift was waiting for me. :thumbsup:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Dropped mine off at the post office today. Should reach its destination long before Christmas.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: And since kit itself is gift-wrapped, the package can safely be opened upon arrival.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

Received my Secret Santa gift today.  Now I have to figure out what to do with this pile o' plastic.   

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sudzonic

Got mine at the weekend. ;D should get my gift sent out either tomorrow or sat?
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

batmancustoms

haven't gotten mine yet , unless it this rely cool Mercedes Parked at my neighbors!
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Amphion

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 08, 2009, 09:02:28 AM
Dropped mine off at the post office today. Should reach its destination long before Christmas.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: And since kit itself is gift-wrapped, the package can safely be opened upon arrival.

Dito (allthough today)  :thumbsup:
Amphion

jcf