We ARE secret santa'ing this year! (formerly Are we secret santa'ing this year?)

Started by puddingwrestler, October 25, 2009, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amphion

Well, Santa's been here and I finally got to rip my present open. Here's the proof-picture of what Chernaya Akula sent me:

He also included extra markings from a F/A-18, suggesting an alternative motif. I'm not sure I'll go that way though  :wacko:
Amphion

philp

Hurmph,
Santa doesn't come for at least another 12 and a half hours and we won't be opening for at least another 7 hours after that.  You probably will be done by then.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Amphion

He lives near by you know. It's just a matter of taking care of the locals, before going globe-trotting through the night.  ;D
Amphion

ChernayaAkula

Since it's only a short trip from Scandinavia, Santa drops by in Germany on Christmas Eve. So we exchange presents on the 24th. From Amphion I got a nice Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter F.6. :cheers: Really nice, as the Hunter is one of my favourite aircraft. Now, what markings? I'm thinkin'..... Italian? With Firestreaks from a Trumpy Lightning? Or USAF? RAF in SEAC-camo? French in Indochina?

Hope you like that Typhoon!  :thumbsup: The decals were just an idea for an "out-of-box whiff". ;) Lookin' forward to seeing what you'll come up with.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sudzonic

Well i opened mine and nearly **** myself when i saw a 1/48 scale tornado and thought what  am i going to do with that and ware am i going to put it!!!!!!!!!! but after opening the box i discovered a nice revell SLT 50-3 tank transporter thanks mossie!!

Well this slightly easier to live with and the second i have built. so what to do with it well this is what i am thinking an ISAF based vehicle with an armoured cab and some sort of industrial generator for a civil project on the trailer.

And heres one i made earlier.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

DaFROG

here's what i got:

about the only thing i can say about the first kit is "oh the humanity" (I may be scarred for life and i'm trying to forget it :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:)

the second kit looks a much better option. I'm not sure even my most fevered imaginings can come up with a back story for it OOB so i think i will try to use as much of it as possible (wings and tailplanes for certain) to make some kind of rocket or pulsejet powered suicide weapon/intercepter in 1/72

batmancustoms

so when we get this group build going?  And a big Merry Christmas to all!!!!
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

puddingwrestler

I recieved a rather tattered 'Panzer World Galient' box containing all (as far as I can tell) of an Academy F-4 Phanton, various shocking orange mech parts, some wire, the wrong instructions and various other doo-dads.
Curse you Frog.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

pyro-manic

My pressie was from thedarkmaster - a Moebius 1:72 "Voyager" kit. Very cool, T-tailed delta thingy I'd never heard of before. Lots of potential here! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Quote from: sudzonic on December 25, 2009, 11:41:32 AM
Well i opened mine and nearly **** myself when i saw a 1/48 scale tornado and thought what  am i going to do with that and ware am i going to put it!!!!!!!!!! but after opening the box i discovered a nice revell SLT 50-3 tank transporter thanks mossie!!

Said you'd have to play pass the parcel!!! ;D  It wasn't meant to deliberately fox you, the Tonka box just happened to be the one that best fitted the Elefant kit!  Your welcome mate, I had an idea or two for it which I'll PM you.

Colin (Freightdog) is a very, very nice man!  Thanks Col!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You don't get much more of a whiff-in-a-box!  Kinda jumped the gun in the Airacuda thread.  One idea was to turn it into a conventional attack bomber, then turn one (at least) of the nacelles into a very unconventional fighter.  Then again, part of me thinks that the Airacuda is such a strange beast, it'd be a shame not to do it oob.  Time constraints might turn me against the former too, but we'll see!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Well, the big day is here.  Here's what I received from my Secret Santa (aka philp).  He sent both the Hasegawa/Minicraft Kfir C2 and the Fujimi Mig 29.  I haven't come up with any good ideas on the Kfir, except to have different markings and camo.  But I do have an idea for the Mig and it will be my project.  I intend to give it a fuselage stretch and add cranked delta wings.  So it will become a Mig-29XL. 

Thanks, Phil

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

puddingwrestler

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 25, 2009, 05:18:35 PM
My pressie was from thedarkmaster - a Moebius 1:72 "Voyager" kit. Very cool, T-tailed delta thingy I'd never heard of before. Lots of potential here! :thumbsup:

The sci fi-ish thingee of retroness and a general air of Irwin Allen about it?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

nev

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 25, 2009, 09:51:44 AM
Now, what markings? I'm thinkin'..... Italian?

I'm thinkin' Italian is a damn good idea.  So would W.Germany (someone did some awesome Luftwaffe profiles a while back - NMF + splinter :wub: )

Quote from: Mossie

How about Coastal Command or SEAC?  The repository of all things not wanted.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

JayBee

Well this is what I got from Sudzonic

1/35 scale - not my comfort zone.

AFV - not quite my comfort zone.

Potential - Spot on.

Do not know quite how I am going to do it, but it will be Irish Air Corps. :blink:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

thedarkmaster

Well i got a trumpeter Finback II and an Airfix Refueling set, Finback is going to be American ANG no idea on the refueling set but overall ..... :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: santa .
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz