Hornby

Started by Mossie, October 28, 2009, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I've noticed over the last year quite a few 1/32 car kits popping up with the Hornby brand name on them; not Airfix or Scalextric.  It seems they are kit versions of slot cars available in the Scalextric range.  There are quite a lot available & several that aren't available as kits in this scale elsewhere.  They appear to be aimed slot car enthusiasts as an extra chassis, but also build up well as a kit.

There's a review of the Porsche 911 GT3R on Modelling Madness:
http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/cars/previews/k2004.htm

Ones I can find are:
Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Focus WRC
Ford Boss 302 Mustang
Mitsubishi Lancer WRC
Porsche 911 GT3R
Subaru Impreza WRC
Ford GT40
AMG Mercedes CLK-DTM
Chevrolet Corvette L-88 1969
TVR Tuscan T400R
BMW Mini Cooper
Caterham Seven

The Tuscan is just begging to get Batmbile mods....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

beowulf

ive done the 911 gtr a couple of times............and the mustang....i REALLY want the 7..................these kits are very basic tho and the decals just need throwing in the bin as soon as you open the box
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Something of interest that I just stumbled across: a Hornby 1/76th scale 1940s airfield control tower!

http://www.hornby.com/skaledale-168/r8989/

Makes a change from the Airfix one....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones