NUMA copter....

Started by MiB, October 28, 2009, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiB

My new Numa copter: SH-60 NumaHawk

And new NUMA plane: P-3 Orion, to chase hurricanes and monitor the seas:

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

coolpop6307

I am also in love with the clive cussler books. and you aircraft are awesome right now i am reading dragon from the dirk pitt series. any way good looking aircraft.

Thanks
   Joshua
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

PR19_Kit

Cracking job on both of them!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Are they FS9 aircraft and if so which scenery package is the oil rig from please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

MiB

Dragon is a beatiful and terrific story, serious but fantastic! I love too, Dragon and Sahara :)

I use FSX but I'm sure that these model are good for FS9 too (maybe the copter in FS2002 too)
The helipad is not in the oil rig but in a cruiser ship, outside San Diego, in the default FSX scenery :)

But if u wanna thse model, no problem: send me an MP and send to u ;) :drink:
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

Mossie

I'm enjoying these!  I've read a handful of Clive Cussler novels and I've enjoyed them, including Dragon already mentioned.  I've also read his exploits of the real world NUMA and was pleasantly surprised to find he visited places local to me in his hunt for the Bonhomme Richard.

If your looking for aircraft from outside the US maybe the USCG is worth looking at?  It's fleet is a bit more cosmopolitan than other US government agencies and there could be some crossover there.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

Something more modern would be a NUMA B767 for ocean patrol.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

MiB

former-USGG....very good idea!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Infact I think that fictional NUMA may have almost the same aircraft of the USCG.
I think, for example, the HH-3F Pelican, radiated from the USCG, and passed to NUMA after restore and update (so Jayhawk maybe is too new  ;D)
P-3 Orion is ok, maybe Falcon business jet too (or LearJet?)

C-130 Hercules? Eurocopter Dauphin? Mumble mumble...I think we can do it!  :thumbsup: :cheers:

B767 is a dream, but a good idea too....B737/P-8 Poseidon instead?

Ehi, don't forget: your suggestions are precious for me!  :thumbsup:

coolpop6307

Allright this is farfetched but what if NUMA was created in the 50's and they used surplus B-29's for some of the primary jobs, okay dragon is getting to me  ;D ;D

Thanks
  Joshua
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

Rheged

Quote from: coolpop6307 on March 16, 2013, 08:48:54 PM
Allright this is farfetched but what if NUMA was created in the 50's and they used surplus B-29's for some of the primary jobs, okay dragon is getting to me  ;D ;D

Thanks
  Joshua

Beef up a B29 and use it for hurricane investigation, perhaps?   Not so far fetched after all. Or a hi-viz version used for large scale marine survey..........or an Arctic/Antarctic model  for  ice reconnaissance?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

coolpop6307

Quote from: Rheged on March 17, 2013, 02:34:02 AM
Quote from: coolpop6307 on March 16, 2013, 08:48:54 PM

Thanks
  Joshua

Beef up a B29 and use it for hurricane investigation, perhaps?   Not so far fetched after all. Or a hi-viz version used for large scale marine survey..........or an Arctic/Antarctic model  for  ice reconnaissance?

So im not crazy woohoo
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

dadlamassu

Quote from: Rheged on March 17, 2013, 02:34:02 AMBeef up a B29 and use it for hurricane investigation, perhaps?   Not so far fetched after all. Or a hi-viz version used for large scale marine survey..........or an Arctic/Antarctic model  for  ice reconnaissance?

Weather aircraft were painted up in bright colours

MiB

This model (whit hi-viz livery) is great! But maybe B-29 (or RB-50) is too old or too big for NUMA's uses...

Grumman Goose or Grumman Albatross? I don't know how long there NUMA, maybe from '70s or '80s, not earlier, so, maybe only recent aircraft, or former US Navy/USCG aircraft....oohhhh so difficult! Hahahaha

Rheged

For info, the following quote     courtesy of Wikipedia:-

Among the types of aircraft that have been used to investigate hurricanes, are an instrumented Lockheed U-2 flown in Hurricane Ginny during the 1963 Atlantic hurricane season. Other types include the A-20 Havoc, 1944; B-24, 1944–1945; B-17, 1945–1947; B-25, 1946–1947; B-29, 1946–1947. WB-29, 1951–1956; WB-50, 1956–1963; WB-47, 1963–1969; WC-121N 1954-1973; WC-130A,B,E,H, 1965-2012.

You have a fair choice of   Whiff potential there!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

MiB

Mumble mumble....other potential modern NUMA aircraft? I think about LearJet or Grumman Albatross

Mossie

Albatross is good, I think NUMA would find a few flying boats useful specific to it's role.  The Albatross would probably have been replaced by now and you'd have to go outside the US to find one.  So maybe the CL-215/415?  Possiby the Shin Meiwa US-1, being replaced with a US-2?

Maybe NUMA had a predecessor, like NACA existed before NASA, with more of military slant?  So it might have inherited a few aircraft it's previous life, mostly from USN stocks?  NUMA's earliest aircraft might have been 60's/70's P-2 Neptune maybe?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.