Martin-Baker Forked-Ghostbuster (stairs-tail?)

Started by Tophe, October 31, 2009, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Tophe, I once was a English teacher myself, and I can tell you that "strange" lends itself to several interpretations. It can be synonymous with "weird, odd, bizarre, eerie" and in some rarer cases it does have the meaning of "alien" (as in "estranged" or "stranger").

Tophe

Thanks pyro-manic and stargazer for the complementary explanations. :smiley:
For the model colours, yes b787, many possibilities may be imagined, in different Real uses, but (my way of what-ifing is) I prefer a dreamy bird, sky blue for camouflage (in the sky) and to be featured by contrast in my wooden shelves (tree branch, not wooden airport...). ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

The parts are separated: the dream takes shape...
(the wings, at last, will probably be symmetrical, opposite up and down, and to add my touch of asymmetry, maybe the fuselage pod will not be central but slighty port)

Tophe

cutting, sanding, putty, sanding, putty, gluing... not finished yet.

Tophe

On the picture above, why 2 spats on one side and none near the tail? Well, I must explain my project has changed: the tailplane will not be high enough to install a spat under, so the third spat will be another inter-plane strut, and that is good for asymmetry, I will move the pod opposite, simply to increase this:

Tophe

On her wat to be a model... :lol:
Has BdB, our spats expert, ever seen a spats layout like this? :huh: ;D

Stargazer

Can't see the use for the two extra spats. It would make the aircraft heavier with no gain whatsoever in terms of stability...

Tophe

The use of these spats is "for beauty" only. This model will have no undercarriage below the low wing. And those parts are not heavy: less than 1 gram each (this is a shelf-model, creative object, not a scale-down flying-machine, designed to kill). ;D

Tophe

Tophe

Unsound? Yes: asymmetric very much...
(The high wing is not horizontal: there were 2 short spats "for wings" and 1 long spat "for nose", that I have refused to equalize - this is good for asymmetry, so: one long pylon for port, 2 short pylons for starboard... "More crazy, you die")

Tophe

Same from rear.
There is no room for a propeller, and there is no propeller, this is an electronic glider project (that will never fly, except in dreams maybe)

Tophe

I have added the cooling devices, asymmetrically of course, they are very needed by this big amount of (secret) electronics...
Remaining: painting.

B777LR

Twin-tail-semi-T-tail-L-tail-extra-Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-something-flying duplydoot :thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

Tres magnifique!!!! I believe you have crossed the line between What-If and Art, mon ami!
:wub: :wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Thanks B787 and BdB, to approve somehow my deep heresy... ;D
I think the word "art" is close to my "problem": in modern art, you know, some visitors say "this is awful", some others say "this is wonderful", most of them wisely prefer "this is, ahem... surprising..." ;D