Finished.....FAA Su 32/34..........

Started by Army of One, November 04, 2009, 03:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Quote from: Army of One on November 29, 2009, 12:02:59 PM
Ha...VVIP transport..........now theres a thought....nope...discount that idea....ain't BA grey? When I worked at Brit Aerospace in Kingston many years ago a chap who worked for BA said 'they went to grey as it was easier to clean/planes didn't look grubby as they did in white livery' and I believed him....like to think its true.......

I think that was the previous livery. That looked very grey to me. The current is white though :)

Army of One

Cool.. :thumbsup:..civil aircraft not my stuff really..........running now so I don't get flogged with a rusty barbwire whip by an angry mod.....or something....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Right......done some work on this as SWMBO likes it n says it looks good but was just languishing with an undercoat n no u/c......it will now be in the colours of the RN and will be an aircraft carrier killer...!!! pic to follow when I can....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

This is progress so far.....an aircraft from the second Falklands conflict in the mid '90s.....there are some touching bits to be done/painting/decals n loadout....
[[/img]
[][/img]
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Pablo1965

Army of One

Just a few minor things to do......had some AIM-9L's for the wing tips but they didn't wanna hang when offered up....the soviet AAM's had smaller fins....might have to add a sliver of a rail.....
[[/img]
[][/img]
[[/img]

I hope you like......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

Awesome!!  :bow: I Almost missed the snazzy new engines
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Martin H

so thats what those burner cans where for  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

OGL....yes....it was to be USN but changed my mind while completing it.....wanted to use the Sea Eagles...the other cans will be for a similar project that will be USN.....thanks for ur work on them....much appreciated.....Mr T'cat....wouldn't expect you to have missed them....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

That'd be the Sukhoi Platypus in FAA service then?  :lol:

Cracking idea, and crackingly built too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Kit....that be correct....although when I started it,it was going to be USN....hence the re engine
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ysi_maniac

A lot of work, I assume, for a long time. But it is really worth, no?

Beautiful model :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Army of One

I got sidetracked with a house move and new addition to the family.....found this packed in a box when looking up something for someone re a Flanker box contents.....SWMBO'd said it looked nice and I should finish it for the cabinet....many thanks for the comments....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sticky Fingers