K

A10A - Captured warthog 1/72 Academy

Started by karlik, November 04, 2009, 07:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlik

This aircraft was captured in the Czechoslovak army during the war in 1989, tested in 1990 by 30.bilp /attack wing/ in Pardubice, in camo as Czech Su25

Army of One

Dunno if its just me..........got no pics on this.......Karlik are you teasing us?  ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

That last link works, looks good!  Tell us more about this war 1989!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

karlik

War in November 1989 between NATO and Czechoslovakia, which was supported by a volunteer from the other countries of the Warsaw Pact.
Among the members of the Czech WhatIf SIG is known as the "seven day war". The author is associate Raptor, unfortunately for the translation into English is very extensive.
In agreement with the author of this story, I will try to translate the time part

Mossie

Thanks Karlik!  Pics are working now! :thumbsup:  I didn't notice the single unpainted fin before, what's the story behind that?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Strangely, I'm getting red crosses, but if I click on them individually, I can get each picture up...... :huh:

Anyway, nice model Karlik, the weathering of the temporary (?) paint scheme is very convincing.  :thumbsup:

Think we should do an L-39 being tested by Boscombe Down as a "captured enemy aircraft" in a similar scheme to the Argentine Pucara they got in '82......... :wacko: ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Stargazer

No images, no empty squares, no red crosses, no nothing for me!!! I'm using Firefox.

lancer

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on November 04, 2009, 09:20:28 AM
No images, no empty squares, no red crosses, no nothing for me!!! I'm using Firefox.

Are you thinking in Russian? That might do the trick!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ed S

Ah, good the pictures work now.  Nice looking Hog.  The paint job looks like something thrown on quickly over the standard NATO gray scheme.

Good work.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Taiidantomcat

That is excellent!  :thumbsup: Can't get enough of that paint job!  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

Ah....seen now.......lovely paint scheme!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Stargazer

Great! But why has one of the two fins remained in its American paint scheme???  :unsure:

anthonyp

LOL!!  Before the pics loaded on this site, I clicked the link and thought the fourth pic's thumbnail showed the plane on floats!

...  ok, that gives me an idea...
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

karlik

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on November 04, 2009, 04:34:23 PM
Great! But why has one of the two fins remained in its American paint scheme???  :unsure:
during testing has been damaged right rudder was therefore replaced by the work of another aircraft, camouflage has been not change