Trying out the new camera

Started by Nick, March 12, 2004, 07:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Yea, what camera?
That Airjeep brings back memories! I originally bought and made it, 'cause I just love those X designs of the '50, and Glenco re-made some great stuff, anyhow, when Dinotopia, book #3 "First Flight" was published, I butchered mine and converted it into 'Fritz' a little robot head from the book.
When I asked James Gurney if he used the Airjeep for the idea, he said he'd never heard of the vehicle. Just lucky I had the kit!
                                                   Glenn

Nick

This lovely little gadget is a Minolta Dimage X20 what Mum bought at the airport with a 64mb card for the same price as the standard cam with 8mb card in Argos. Bargain!

The trucks are 99% finished and now off to Hornchurch where I hope to get lots of pics for you guys, these will include the Landie and the Bedford tanker.
The AirJeep thing I found at Telford last year in a bag for just £1, all I need is some clear plastic for the windscreen. The crew will be from a Dragon 'Soviet Naval Infantry' set.

Nick B)  

Nick

First up is my Bedford tanker in real colour (pic taken with flash)

Nick

And here's the same shot taken without the flash in a sodium lit sports hall. Love that yellow shade! :blink:  

Nick

From Lonewulf models, the V1 rocketboat intended to race, unmanned, into a harbour and explode amongst all the Allied shipping. The pilot would be swimming home...

Nick

These pics are in no real order, also I had to resize them down to make them less than 75k using Microsoft Photo Editor. I'm gonna play with the settings more and see what I can do. Original image size was 1240x980 or summat.

For now, heres a pic of the V1 rail transporter what was on the Lonewulf stand.

Nick

Tophe! Tophe, can you hear me? Heres a zwilling for you as seen on the East Sussex clubstand. I think this was a beautiful display full of detail.

Nick

And from another angle... I think the yellow shade could work here, just imagine its an old magazine faded over the year.... ;)  

Nick

Nick

The vehicles in the corner looking busy...
This is all I have from Southern Expo and I'm gonna delete them soon.

Nick B)  

Martin H

I bought that V-1 rail transporter for my old man a few years back. Its a real sweet little kit. Its a Narrow gauge loco, and he is narrow gauge mad. When he gets around to finishing it, it will be parked up on his lay out (thats if he ever gets that finished as well) (1/72nd scale= 009(uk)/ HNO3(USA))
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Hey Nick, great job you've done on that Bedford tanker!  She's a real beaut!  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Thanks for sharing, Nick !

That zwilling dio is awesome !

I could look at pics like that all day......... :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Get back to work, you sloth!

;)  

John Howling Mouse

Tanker looks great, Nick.  Time for a mini-diorama for that vehicle and a plane to service?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.