Started by Jeffry Fontaine, November 09, 2009, 09:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Ian the Kiwi Herder

* * * *  B U M P  * * * *
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25862.45.html

Just a gentle nudge  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Thinking....

DH Vampire of 112 Sqn (decals for this real one easily obtainable) but add Vampire Teeth ;D

I have other ideas, but I won't include the "Bat Out Of Hell" C-47 with a Bat's open mouth scabbed on, as that's nearly finished. It'll be at Milton Keynes next Sunday.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitbasher

Quote from: Radish on January 30, 2010, 03:55:48 AM
.....the "Bat Out Of Hell" C-47 with a Bat's open mouth scabbed on.....

OMG!!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Radish

"Bat Out Of Hell" C-47 Batdak is finished...USAF Korean War, CIA operated, on its base and article written and sent to Narses. Photos soon. :wacko:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Found a picture of what I'll do....I'll scan it later!

puddingwrestler

So... what are the rules on entering actual sharks?

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I saw a rather nifty air brushed painting which combined the front end of a shark with the back end of a Corvette Stingray... worked pretty damn well.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

I once did a Sea Harrier on a Black Burnt Shark ;D

I scanned the picture but the file was too big to post...basically it was an E-Boat with a big sharkmouth on the bows. Thinking of doing something similar to an MTB or something. :party:

Of course, a shark mouth (and colours!) would be good on an Me 262 :thumbsup:

And then there's the re-eqipment of 112 Sqn :banghead:

lancer

Quote from: Radish on February 04, 2010, 09:40:05 AM
I scanned the picture but the file was too big to post...basically it was an E-Boat with a big sharkmouth on the bows. Thinking of doing something similar to an MTB or something. :party:

Was the the Airfix E-boat or the Revell S-100. In fact I think a sharks mouth on an S-100 would look seriously sexy. Mind if I borrow the idea Rad?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Go ahead, mate. I agree, on an S-100 it'd look amazing. I've been looking online for a picture but can't find one. It was on the front cover of a Warlord comic.

Jeffry Fontaine

Rules? 

Only one rule. 

That your model subject incorporate a mouth, beak, lips, snout, eyes, ears, or any combination of these as markings or add-on features.  So technically you could enter a model with Mr. Potato Head features if you chose to do so.  Otherwise it is pretty much left to what decals or hand painted features you can add to your model.  The model subject can be a figure, animal, ship, car, armor vehicle, or aircraft/spacecraft. 

So if you have a model shark and you can arm it with a LASER, you are definitely in. 

How is that for a rule?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitbasher

Quote from: puddingwrestler on February 04, 2010, 01:44:33 AM
So... what are the rules on entering actual sharks?

Carefully and from behind.  Oh, and it's probably illegal anyway!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter