Full Monty TSR-2

Started by General Melchet, November 10, 2009, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Hya Andy,
The one in my stash is the second one I have bought, as I also got one when it came out. That one however ended up getting brokeen and living in the boneyard until earlier this year, when I made the nose section and the outer wings into a trans-atmospheric SHADO interceptor. The X-70 is waiting for a new lease of life :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

(slight) Thread Hi-Jack ALERT
After the (in)famous 'Aurora' sighting over the North Sea in the mid-nineties, Bill Sweetnam released thishttp://images.amazon.com/images/P/0879387807.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg, 'was full of conjecture, supposition, re-telling of various conspiracy theories and urban mythology and seemed to come-out solely as a response to the media hype surrounding the aforementioned 'sighting'.
(slight) Thread Hi-Jack SAFE

Andy, yep NRO/Dreamland scheme is a good choice.... of course RAF Machrahanaish 1992 would also look great when you put it on a base  :thumbsup:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Aircav

Well the Belgian air force did track something on radar coming over the atlantic at mach 6+
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

General Melchet

Thanks guys, Ian....good point,, Macrihanish would be cool...maybe a small holding with some sheep and a black ops barn!!!!!
Actually with a little work the ''Thunderdart'' can be made into a very creditable model of Aurora as published...just lose the daft engines and enhance the underside...

Quite tempted to mount it on either my Model Technology 'Stealth Bomber' or my Revell ATB...make an interesting combo. ;D...long live 'dark technology' and conspiracy theories!!!.......as Mr Powers would say..........yeah baby!!

:cheers:

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

rickshaw

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on November 18, 2009, 11:57:55 PM
(slight) Thread Hi-Jack ALERT
After the (in)famous 'Aurora' sighting over the North Sea in the mid-nineties, Bill Sweetnam released thishttp://images.amazon.com/images/P/0879387807.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg, 'was full of conjecture, supposition, re-telling of various conspiracy theories and urban mythology and seemed to come-out solely as a response to the media hype surrounding the aforementioned 'sighting'.
(slight) Thread Hi-Jack SAFE

Why does it look like a Chimp is flying that thing?   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

General Melchet

Hi gang, right , back on track and the undercarriage bays are finished as far as I'm concerned, most of the detail will be hidden anyway, but at least I know ( and so do you now) that it's all there!!

Just working on the cockpit now, awaiting Eduards excellent PE cockpit set to finish it off.

The guy who designed the Dynavector kit has been kind enough to send me, through someone else, his original drawings scaled to 1/48th , so I can now finally sit down and work out what exactly went wrong with the Airfix effort, ( or lack of it!!),

I'll share with you shortly,

Hope you like,

Thanks, :cheers:

Andy

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

General Melchet

Cheers Dunc, the Eduard set arrived today so the cockpit should be done in the next couple of days........then I can crack on with the forward fuselage!!..( and Stealth Bomber!! ;D),

Andy :cheers:

nev

Like it?  I love it!  :wub:

Baztastic.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

General Melchet

Thanks chaps, bit more done today as the Eduard set arrived so it's in place and awaiting some ink washes and a bit of oil high lighting with my metallic silver pencil to give it a bit of realistic wear and tear............

Seats after that, then some more wiring in the 'pit and that should be that.... :cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

(Opens second pack of HobNobs) - Okay, you have retained my/our attention -Right Nev ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Yeah baby!

Not too sure about that pre-painted etch Andy - its looks a little stark compared to the rest of the 'pit.  But then again you're 10 times the modeller I am, so what do I know?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

thedarkmaster

nice ,

Tim,
the man constantly amazed by your work  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

General Melchet

Thanks fellas, I agree with you Neil, that's why I'm going to tone it all down with some W and N ink washes and airbrush a spot of thinned Tamiya smoke over it all to blend it all in
and give it that 'lived in' look!

Thanks Tim, appreciated..... :thumbsup:

NARSES2

As Victor Meldrew would say "I can't believe it !" This is incredible work Andy. I've always loved your stuff when I've seen it at shows but to see the work in progress is riveting, and I'm not normally one for to much WIP pics  :bow:

Have you ever thought about producing a "How To" dvd ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.