Full Monty TSR-2

Started by General Melchet, November 10, 2009, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Melchet

Thanks Chris, very kind comments and very much appreciated this end mate :cheers:...I've been asked to do tutorials a couple of times but have always backed out...just don't have the time, though I might well consider one if I could have Earl Jones or Andrew Sachs as a voice over !!...
Seriously though, this is a slow one for me and as such has to be sort of 'slotted' in between the paid stuff, simply coz I've got half a dozen projects on the go at once, mostly review stuff for mags which is very time consuming, (but at least I can type those up at work!!). This one is more a leisure jobbie, though it looks like it will end up in a certain new magazine anyway !!......If you could see my pending tray and WIPs it might cause a certain amount of concern for my sanity...LOL  :banghead:

Anyhoo I'll crack on with this one..I tend to post pics behind the times as such so the kit is more advanced than you see it here, this way I can deal with the odd cock up as it occurs !!

Cheers again and glad you're enjoying it!! ..

A few more pics of the cockpit, now that it's been toned down with ink washes and given a slightly grubby look......the Airwaves seats should give it a busier look!...

Andy

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Mossie

Andy, got "This image or video has been removed or deleted" messages.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

General Melchet

Sorry chaps....men in black at the door again!!!... :banghead:

Normal service has been resumed

Seats are now almost ready for fitting, and steering wheel put back in the right way round.....!!! :banghead:

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

General Melchet

Thanks Aircav...they will certainly come in handy!! :thumbsup:  It would appear that the rear seat is marginally thinner than the front one with less plumbing, which is just as well !!...As fitted to the kit the nav would have to built like Mr Bean to fit comfortably in the hole provided and the front of the seat would almost certainly foul the instrument panel on ejection (along with his legs!!!!!),

I suspect though that this might be an illusion as if you remove the top box and headreast flaps the seat would lok pretty much the same....still, thanks for that, I will press on... :cheers:

Andy

Aircav

Hi Andy
I think it is just the top box and side flaps  :thumbsup:
Steve
Great build  :thumbsup: :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

General Melchet

Bit more work done today, between important jobs like shopping ,sofa bed hunting and visiting long neglected friends!!!... :party:

The forward fuselage is now fitted out and the correct dimensions lined up using plans kindly given to me by the fella who designed the Dynavector kit ( via a friend!), all that's needed to be done now is the instrument combing which as fitted is way out and nearly scraping the windshield!!............new shape needed and suitably lowered...

Also bashing on with the undercarriage legs which need a fair bit of detail as Airfix's effort are a bit bland.Lead wiring of various guages , micro drill , dremel and plenty of 'wet and dry' (for those 'orrible trenches cut into the main legs( nothing like the real thing!),

Cheers all, hope you like!! :cheers:

Andy...

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

General Melchet

Cheers Neil, now I have ze plans I can move on a bit with ze main stuff... :thumbsup:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

He's quite good at this stuff isn't he !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

General Melchet

Hi Chaps, bit more done as I have a bit of free time at the mo'...( very rare I might add!!)...so I was able to finish off the forward fuselage and add the Aviation Workshop IFR set. The intstrument shroud has also been modded to sit lower waiting for ancillary equipment to be fitted...
Next step will be fitting brass rods and bracing  to conect the unit to the main fuselage/wing section before work starts on the intakes...the area I think is causing the main problems with the shape of the kit. The plans I now have are very useful in highlighting the problems.

Cheers all :cheers:

Andy

The much flattened fuselage sides are shown from this angle.....a lot of wet and dry and rescribing was needed!!

A selection of the goodies I have planned for this one, I have three of each ( bar the Blue Waters), waiting to be used on the stash...

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Not really a hi-jack, but whilst Andy sort of raised the subject...... Can anybody tell me who does 1:48 drop-tanks and (belly) recce pod for the TSR2 ????

Thanks

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)