The awesome dioramas thread

Started by nev, November 11, 2009, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

The thing I've noticed lately is that because everyone is using Hornet heads its starting to look like the Clone wars.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Quote from: Aircav on December 31, 2009, 01:52:48 AM
The Ju52 diorama do look nice but it seems to lack that planted look, it looks like the things are hovering about the base, to me anyway. A figure or two would of been nice too.

Ah - you've hit on why it bothered me too, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Surely that gantry would have left some tracks or marks behind it, and wouldn't the heavier benches be a little sunk into the ground?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

philp

Very nice, only thing missing are some crew members manning their guns.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

These really are impressive, thanks for posting everyone and keep them coming  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

That "Battle of the Denmark Straight" dio is tremendous  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

Wowzers on those ships!  :bow:
I'm still strained getting relatively calm water to look right.  :rolleyes: Better get back to the hobby table!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

ti

These are some of the most amazing dios I have ever seen. Work of genius.
Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

philp

Found this simple one while looking at engine types for another idea.

What I really like is what is in the water.

A couple of large Rays and a Black Tip Reef Shark.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/lofiversion/index.php?t165007.html
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

B777LR

Quote from: philp on January 10, 2010, 12:19:07 PM
Found this simple one while looking at engine types for another idea.
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/lofiversion/index.php?t165007.html

Lovely, and the water is spot on. Makes me want to dive right into it. He did the waves wrong though, which is slightly sad. To make a bow wave it has to move...

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

martinbayer

B787,

since the modelled waves seem to indicate water receding after an onshore wave, the flow back would actually create bow waves, so the setting is correct.

Nitpicking mode off...

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

B777LR

Quote from: martinbayer on January 11, 2010, 08:21:17 AM
B787,

since the modelled waves seem to indicate water receding after an onshore wave, the flow back would actually create bow waves, so the setting is correct.

Nitpicking mode off...

Martin

It would take a Tsunami to create that much receding water though...

Mossie

Oooh, look at Thomas the JMN (Joyless Maritime Numpty)!

;) ;) ;)
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

I think some of these might have been shown, but here's a site with some fantastic stuff by Martin Schuster:
http://www.schusterdiorama-35.cz/en/gallery/1/
http://www.schusterdiorama-35.cz/en/gallery/3/