The awesome dioramas thread

Started by nev, November 11, 2009, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Diorama with whif content!  :o Found on Missing-Lynx.

More pics >>HERE<<.

The builder included a link to his site, which includes a host of fantastic dioramas. CLICKY!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

Hey that SPG looks somewhat familiar:

Quote from: GTX on February 12, 2009, 09:35:36 PM
Well it started out as a Tiger competitor, so what about a SPG variant of the Ferdinand?

This would have a fully revolving turret and 150mm main gun.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

How cool is this? :D

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=160379&page=1

And gotta love the JMNs in the thread "Another dio that doesn't make much sense to me. Why is T-Rex in a bombed out German town?" :banghead: :banghead:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Now did the JMN notice his use of the word "Dio" ? Was he really saying that it should have been a Stegasauraus rather then a T-Rex ?  :wacko: :mellow: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

I particularly like the fact that said JMN got one of his factual points wrong: he said (correctly) that the .50 cal shouldn't have a belt of unfired cartridges coming out of the RH side, but just an empty cloth belt instead. Someone else said no, it should be a pile of disintegrating links, and JMN came back righteously with "but they used cloth belts early in the war". Thing is Mr. JMN, these are Yank troops in a German town, so it can't be "early in the war" can it?  :rolleyes: :banghead: :wacko:

I also don't get the objections to the Jeep: he was running away from the T-Rex and the truck was blocking his way so he went for the right turn, but (doubtless due to the view in his mirrors) he took it too fast and rolled it, which Jeeps were prone to do. Makes sense to me....

Good dio anyway, and I'm glad that most of the comments were constructive. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

The builder seems to be a kid.  Let him have some fun.  His diorama was quite good.  Some of the JMNs just take themselves too seriously.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Taiidantomcat

That is great!  :o I love the Bazooka crew sighting in too.  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cliffy B

Friggin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup: :cheers:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Green Dragon

Why hasn't this dio been made into a movie yet!  :wub:
Why is a T-Rex in a bombed out German town? Option one:-Everyone knows that Hitler was so badly injured in the von Staufenberg bomb attack that his brain was transfered into a cloned T-Rex but after the chief scientist dropped the brain on the floor the resulting Adolph-Rex was mad as box of frogs. It escaped to rampage across Europe until September 1946 when it died after consuming a poisoned giant Bratwurst sausage.
Option two:-As someone mentioned in the the Armorama thread the Germans succeded with their time machine project. They decided to bring fresh Brontosaurus meat from the past to boost food stockpiles. Everything went well for two months until they accidentally brought forward a Bronto that was being attacked by two T-Rex's at the same time they time scooped it. One T-Rex fell into an industrial sausage mincer after slipping on some Bronto blood and the other escaped, later to run into an American patrol and getting it's head blown off by a Bazooka team.

It's completely obvious if you know anything about history! Great diorama, and this guys a beginner!, so like my dreams it's scary!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Cliffy B

Reminds me of these 2 T-Rex dios.

Nothing like hunting with a Barret .50cal and a Whaling Harpoon!
-Tom Clancy

-Anonymous

-Anonymous

ChernayaAkula

More power to young modellers having dinosaurs in WWII dios!  :bow: :thumbsup:

The big* game hunting dio is excellent as well.  :thumbsup:

I don't think the term "big game" has ever been more appropriate!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

philp

Cliffy,
I have almost the exact same shots of the Dinosaur hunter from the 2007 Nats.  Were you there and did you stop by the SIG table to say hi?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Cliffy B

Quote from: philp on July 01, 2010, 05:32:29 PM
Cliffy,
I have almost the exact same shots of the Dinosaur hunter from the 2007 Nats.  Were you there and did you stop by the SIG table to say hi?

No I wasn't there.  I found those shots somewhere on the net and saved it to my "cool model photos" folder.  Thought I'd add them to the thread.  Maybe those are your shots?
-Tom Clancy

-Anonymous

-Anonymous

philp

Could be.  I went back and looked at my folder and they appear the same.

Your welcome  :thumbsup:

I love dinosaur dios, especially when they are doing something unexpected.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies