The awesome dioramas thread

Started by nev, November 11, 2009, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

ChernayaAkula

^ That IS awesome! :bow: Excellent find! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cliffy B

All I see is the "image is hosted by tripod" picture  :banghead:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

philp

Quote from: Cliffy B on July 02, 2010, 07:44:00 AM

click on the link.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Cliffy B on July 02, 2010, 07:44:00 AM
Wierd. So do I, but when I posted it last night I got the image.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Archangel

I don't know if I had posted this one before but it is my first diorama attempt. It's two Klingon Bird Of Preys taking on a Romulan Bird Of Prey. The Romulan is a What If model kind of based on the look of the old FASA minis. I used two 1/48th scale  ALQ-119 ECM pods for the engines to give it a new look. I also fixed up the engine details on the Klingon Ships to give that a better look then what you get with the original kits. There is a decal to represent battle damage on ther frong of the Romulan ship and on the bottom that you can;t see.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

Rex dioramas are great - I did one for a collegue for his retirement - he was one of those old guys who always did things with pencil and paper - no computers - so of course the "office dynosaur" was an obvious diorama - I didn't take any pics unfortunately - but it was good fun

philp

Quote from: dumaniac on July 04, 2010, 03:02:37 AM
Rex dioramas are great - I did one for a collegue for his retirement - he was one of those old guys who always did things with pencil and paper - no computers - so of course the "office dynosaur" was an obvious diorama - I didn't take any pics unfortunately - but it was good fun

I like that.  My office had a White Elephant exchange for Christmas one year.  I had an old elephant toy laying around so a little white paint and mounted it on a base.  Always wondered if the person who got it ever kept it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Joe C-P

Quote from: nev on June 30, 2010, 10:57:52 PM
How cool is this? :D

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=160379&page=1

And gotta love the JMNs in the thread "Another dio that doesn't make much sense to me. Why is T-Rex in a bombed out German town?" :banghead: :banghead:

That is one of the the coolest dios I've ever seen.  :thumbsup: The JMNs can shove it (as usual) and any of us whiffers could make up a story for it within minutes.
And I'm proud of our troops standing fast in the face of the unexpected foe.  :cheers:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

ChernayaAkula

Wyrm's WOTW PROJECT made me remember the 1/700 dio of the Thunderchild fighting the tripods I had seen in a German modelling magazine quite some time ago. Thankfully, the dio was also posted online. CLICKY!

Teaser pic:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

philp

Like that one.  Been thinking of using that explosion technique on a battlemech diorama.

Here is another Thunderchild dio.

http://ourworlds.topcities.com/space1889/models/war.html
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

dumaniac

Guys

thanks for the Thunderchild dioramas - they are great.

cheers

Bernie

James

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=160379&page=1

And gotta love the JMNs in the thread "Another dio that doesn't make much sense to me. Why is T-Rex in a bombed out German town?" :banghead: :banghead:

Quote from: JoeP on July 08, 2010, 06:44:22 PM
The JMNs can shove it (as usual) ...

:thumbsup: This hobby is supposedly fun! Why can't some people just say nice work or good imagination etc and have a laugh?

Geoff

Obviously it escaped from the Tiergarten