The awesome dioramas thread

Started by nev, November 11, 2009, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

1/144 F/A-18D shadowing 1/144 Tu-95 Bear shadowing 1/2400 fleet! CLICKY!

That Hornet pilot had better take up some spacing. At that distance the noise of the Bear will shake loose all nuts and bolts in his Hornet! A stadium full of Vuvuzelas ain't got nothing on a single Tuploev Bear! :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ChernayaAkula

Touchdown!

F/A-18F trapping! Probably the best carrier-landing dio I've ever seen!  :thumbsup: It really captures the dynamics of the event! :bow:

More >>HERE<<. Because the pics can't be hot-linked, I've uploaded two teaser shots to my PB account.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Joe C-P

Yuh-huh, that's a fine representation of the event.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

And the rust-stained, chipped paint! Wow! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Weaver

Bloody Hell, that's amazing! I can smell that oil drum...... :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Even the rubber looks old and rotten....wow

:thumbsup: :banghead: :wub: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

trekaddict

Been going through this, can someone explain the term JNM to me please?

philp

Should be JMN for Joyless Modeling Nazi (or Numpty).  Reference to rivet counters and others who take this hobby waaay to seriously.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies