The awesome dioramas thread

Started by nev, November 11, 2009, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekaddict

Quote from: philp on August 24, 2010, 08:48:04 AM
Should be JMN for Joyless Modeling Nazi (or Numpty).  Reference to rivet counters and others who take this hobby waaay to seriously.

And of course those without a sense of WHIFFing? I see, thanks.   <_<

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jacques Deguerre

New guy checking in....

There's some wonderful and imaginative work posted here. In response to the "T-Rex in WW2" diorama, the bad reaction it got pretty much sums up the reason why I no longer participate in those supposedly "serious" modeling forums. I remember Gino (the JMN in the Armorama thread) from my days at Missing Lynx and he was actually pretty reasonable and far less of a "ninny" than some of the other posters there. Which just goes to show the levels of Joyless Numptiness (?) many of those forums labor under.

Meanwhile, I thought it was a darn cool piece of work, very funny and clever, and the narrative made perfect sense. The "issue" with the M2 BMG is nit-picky in the extreme and Jeeps have a well known high center of gravity, making it easy to flip over in a sharp turn.
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

NARSES2

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on August 24, 2010, 12:08:29 PM
New guy checking in....

Wellcome to the madhouse  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on August 24, 2010, 12:08:29 PM
of a "ninny"

I haven't seen that word used in an age, forgot how perfect a description it is  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

ChernayaAkula

Pretty cool!  :thumbsup: Interesting way of replicating the dust cloud.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

Referral Denied on both links for some reason Philp
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

frank2056

Quote from: Aircav on August 31, 2010, 01:36:49 AM
Referral Denied on both links for some reason Philp

Put a space after the URL in your browser's address bar and press return.

philp

That is just weird.  When I first put them in as image tags they worked for me but not when I posted.  Then I checked them and they worked fine yesterday but not today unless I add that space.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

^ Same thing happened to me with the F/A-18F touch-down dio. Think it's the software of that "naver" website.  :unsure:

>>HERE'S<< a link to a gallery of that Korean scale model expo. Found on ARC.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ChernayaAkula

Cool Ma.K. dio! The idea is just brilliant.  :bow:

"Let's fix it!"
Hillersleben, Germany, 1949

From THIS REPORT on the 2010 IPMS Göteborg model expo.
Cheers,
Moritz

Aircav

That kid gets everywhere, bet he's the one that grows and is the same guy thats out walking his dog and always finds the bodies.  ;D
Great bit of modelling.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Beirut East 1982 - in 1/72!  :o

Found >>HERE<< on Missing-Lynx.

EDIT:

Incidentally, I found another great diorama. And strangely enough, this one's also set in Lebanon, albeit 24 years later and two sizes bigger (1/35).

Crossing the Line!

More >>HERE<<, again on Missing-Lynx.

Cheers,
Moritz

philp

Bunch of nice dios found while surfing the IPMS Deutschland site.

Love the 55 gallon size paint cans.

Gotta love a zebra striped PT Boat.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies