The awesome dioramas thread

Started by nev, November 11, 2009, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

You can almost feel the heat.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Dizzyfugu

Really cool. I have seen a similar effect on a 1:35 tank gun recently. Very dramatic!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Very good, flames are often inconvincing.  I've seen it done with scrumpled plastic before and look okay, but adding the lights and convincing smoke effect too makes for an excellent dio. :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on August 25, 2012, 02:11:24 AM
What is that thing in the bottom picture?

Gondor

Depends on what you read.  Prototype ufo/flying saucer, particle accelerator for use in producing weapons grade Uranium, time machine, inter-dimensional portal.  There's a hilariously awful episode of "UFO Hunters" with all three starting from the position that it exists.  Terrible programme, produced for thickos in shiteovision.

Basically, it's the type of thing that appeals to UFO nuts, conspiracy theorists and various other lunatics.  And given that the guy who originated the tale is allegedly a proven hoaxer, it's probably a load of utter balderdash.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

RussC

Quote from: Mossie on August 31, 2012, 01:39:21 AM
Very good, flames are often inconvincing.  I've seen it done with scrumpled plastic before and look okay, but adding the lights and convincing smoke effect too makes for an excellent dio. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Absolutely, the smoke is a second big accomplishment. The only thing I'm wondering about is the deckhand getting ready to douse the fire with that sprayer which is inactive looking. Is the instant of time captured in the dio before the deckhand turned on the extinguisher or is there not a good way of modelling that substance? Fire is dynamic and defies gravity and that can be modelled easier, but water is subserviant to gravity and clods of foam in the air cannot be modelled easily. The same was true for CGI by the way, animated or SFX fire preceded believable water by some years.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

James

Quote from: kerick on August 30, 2012, 07:39:00 PM
Best flames ever! I'm guessing LEDS were involved.
Amazing effects!

dumaniac

lancer

One of the best diorana's I've seen in a long time.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

RAFF-35

Quote from: philp on August 30, 2012, 06:05:43 PM
This one is pretty nice.

Pics start here.

Currently scrapping my jaw off the floor... I'm in awe 
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tanktastic43

NARSES2

Depiction of the flames is superb  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dadlamassu

Quote from: philp on August 30, 2012, 06:05:43 PM
This one is pretty nice.

It is outstanding.  One of the best I've ever seen.

ChrisF

Ive only just noticed the spinning prop !