Some creations...

Started by Slerski, November 15, 2009, 09:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slerski

I want to introduce my two last creations, in two differents posts.

Firstly, here is :

Avions Marcel Dassault - Bréguet Aviation MIRAGE IVC
144th Fighter Squadron, 1st Air Wing
Ramat David Air Base, 1978

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Slerski

And secondly :

Arado Ar 380E-5
3./JG 5
Abbeville, September 1950

Voilà... That's all for the moment. All comments are welcome  :thumbsup:

bobbo

Absolutely LOVE the Cutlass!!

bobbo

oliv30330

me I like the Isreal heavy fighter Mirage 4, what type of missiles is it? Phoenix? only 2 missiles? perhaps 4 missiles would be minimal for a heavy and long range fighter?   ;D ;D

Slerski

Quote from: bobbo on May 22, 2010, 12:22:49 PM
Absolutely LOVE the Cutlass!!

bobbo

Thanks a lot !! This was planned for the Alt. Luft GB, but I couldn't complete it before the end.

Quote from: oliv30330 on May 22, 2010, 12:36:22 PM
me I like the Isreal heavy fighter Mirage 4, what type of missiles is it? Phoenix? only 2 missiles? perhaps 4 missiles would be minimal for a heavy and long range fighter?   ;D ;D

Thanks too my friend. In fact, weps load is light, but I haven't enough missiles... Need to add two Winders (external wing pylons) and maybe find 2 Long-range missiles with pylons for the aft fuselage. And for your information, missiles are... heu... AIM-47 Falcon, I think. They came from Italeri YF-12 kit

Sauragnmon

I'd say go for broke, and those Do look like the AIM-47 Falcon with the long strakes like that.  Since you've got Falcons on the center, why not go for the AIM-4 improved versions instead of the AIM-9, since the two of them were pitted against each other at one point, much like the 47 vs the 54.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Those are beautiful :wub: :wub: Also love the Cutlass :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Slerski

Thanks everybody.

Sauragnmon, maybe I make a mistake, but has my Mirage IVC was introduced in the '70, isn't it better to load Sidewinder than AIM-4 ? Sidewinders began to become the reference in IR AAM in Western Countries, and Magic wasn't avaliable.

Taiidantomcat

Excellent Mirage!  :thumbsup: That Cutlass is so cool  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

If you're alt-historying where the AIM-47 is in service rather than the AIM-54, it wouldn't be hard to imagine AIM-4's being in use instead of AIM-9.  The two missiles were squared off in competition at one point, and if you wanted, you could always use late-model IR AIM-4's instead of AIM-9's, just for the difference of it.  Just a suggestion/idea.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Slerski

And that's a good suggestion. But I don't know where I can find some AIM-4 missiles

Sauragnmon

Hasegawa weapons set III has the AIM-4 falcon, among a number of other AAMs.

NARSES2

Really nice, clean builds  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

That Mirage IV is sweet!  :thumbsup:

Slerski

Thanks everybody. Overkiller built a top class Mirage IV in Israeli markings, I'm far from his skills -_-