Some creations...

Started by Slerski, November 15, 2009, 09:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

The F3 Mirage is giving me goosebumps.  Sexy. :wub:

Tophe

Belated congratulations for your marvelous Mirage F3 :wub:
And the picture with the F1 near to him is VERY nice, what-if modelling at its very best! :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Slerski

Thanks to you Noxioux and Tophe. I'm a little disappointed with the Mirage F3 since I've broke her nose cone. And Airfix decals and this horrible silvering effect  :banghead:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

rickshaw

Methinks with all that weight behind the main undercarriage on the Mirage F3, the pilot will need a very long ladder indeed to climb into his cockpit.   :lol:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Slerski

A 3-meter high ladder ;D a kind of new test for french pilots (If you can climb this ladder with your flight equipement, you can be a pilot son !!)

Taiidantomcat

From now all Mirage F1s that i see are "wrong" you are the only person who built it "right"  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Slerski

Thanks everybody. I'm happy to see that this project is a success. But... Is someone interesting to help me for a 1/1 scale Mirage F3 ? ;D

Slerski

Boulton-Paul (Morane) Paris

In October 1939, Air Ministry emitted the specification F.21 / 39, which asked for a low-cost fighter, easy to operate, intended for air defense of the territory. Only two manufacturers answered this specification, Martin-Baker with the MB.3 and Boulton-Paul with the P. 89, a MS.406 derivative studied with Morane-Saulnier.

This specification fell into oblivion until May 1940, during the German assault on Western Europe. Becoming aware little by little of the situation, Air Ministry reactivated this specification, giving the victory to Boulton-Paul, who sold a plane already tried in the fight. While the situation became a criticism in France, numerous engineers of Morane ran away in England, taking with them plans and construction techniques. This contribution allowed to see the first flight of one Boulton-Paul Paris in the end of June 1940.

In spite of an identical appearance to the MS.406, the Paris presented a certain number of differences. Her armour was improved, giving a best protection to her pilot. The armament was strengthened, with a sole HS404 20mm cannon and two M2 .50 machine guns. Her engine was replaced by Napier Tiger, developped with the technicians of Hispano-Suiza. This engine, supercharged Hispano-Suiza 12Y-45 developing 1000hp, was developed with plans taken during the flight of the French engineers in England. And so in spite of a weight increase of 350kg approximately, the maximal speed increased by 24 kph to reach 510 kph.

Quickly, the Paris was launched in production and quickly saw the fight. The Battle of England began and a first unit, 303 Squadron, was equipped with the new fighter. They firstly fight against bombers, where their heavy armament allowed pilots to obtain convincing results. At the Battle of England maximum, 12 first-line Squadron used the small fighter of Boulton-Paul, gaining 176 air victories.

Once the Battle of Britain ended and especially Spitfires and Hurricanes became available in sufficient number, the Paris were transferred in the OTU, being use in the basic flight training. Some planes served in Malta, gaining another 19 victories. The small fighter of Boulton-Paul ended its career as target tug before being scrapped.

The presented aircraft is a Boulton-Paul Paris Mk.I, 303 Sqn, based at Northolt in November 1940.

Model built using the HobbyBoss Easy Kit, very nice to built but with poor details.

Hotte

look  ;D
The British had one Morane MS 406 in Palestine!
No.2 French Fighter Flight, RAF

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/351/9/0/1

Hotte

Slerski

I know it, it was one of the decals set in the box  ;D but I've (tried) made the Morane one of the front-line fighter of the RAF during the Battle of Britain

Hotte

One should not forget, which the French the Morane wanted to replace!
More logically then British D. 520  :rolleyes:

Hotte

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Slerski

Quote from: Hotte on February 14, 2010, 07:03:58 AM
One should not forget, which the French the Morane wanted to replace!
More logically then British D. 520  :rolleyes:

Hotte

You're right but... I haven't a D520 kit, so I've take the Morane  ;D

John Howling Mouse

Just keeps getting better and better, Monsieur!  Love each of them.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

It's scary how right that looks in RAF colors! Nice work!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher