Some creations...

Started by Slerski, November 15, 2009, 09:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slerski

Quote from: sequoiaranger on January 19, 2011, 09:59:21 AM
....the three extra, round bombs hidden in the nosewheel well!!  :wacko:

Not three... Six :wacko: It's the last strike option !!
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Tophe

Belated congratulations for the JAS-38 twin-fin marvel...! :thumbsup: :wub:
Alas, the notify tool was not working anymore, I am going to check previous page, but I needed to say bravo :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Thanks to http://www.fotograf-tomas-eriksson.se/wp-content/gallery/landskap/grovelsjon-20.jpg and to Corel Photo Paint, and most of all thanks to Ing. Slërski, here is the JAS.38 in flight over Sweden...

Tophe

And after the first twin-fin Mirage F2000 (thanks again Slerski), here is the first asymmetric Mirage ;D

Slerski

It have been a while since I've post here. But I'm back, less than before but with some new projects.

In fact, I've lots and lots of models to build. And last sunday, bought in a secondhand market six model kits wrecks (some of them are interesting : MiG-21, Ta152H, Gannet, Hornet the DeHavilland one :), Whirlwind and Sea Hawk) for only 2€. So lots of whiffs soon.

The first one will be a basic repaint and upgrade, with the MiG-21. More pic and backstory soon chaps !!

Stargazer

Good to hear you're back and kicking, Slerski!!  :thumbsup:

Slerski

Finally...

C.R.A.C. Mirage 3000

At the beginning of 1990s, a consortium of French enterprises, taken by Dassault Aviation and Thomson-CSF, is born under the name of CRAC (Consortium pour la Rénovation des Avions de Combat – Consortium for Renovating the Combat Aircraft). This consortium positions on a growth niche, consisting in helping countries endowed with ageing planes (practically the 3rd generation airplanes put in service in 60s-70s) to transform them into modern fighting planes adapted to the recent conflicts.

Dassault Aviation, having bought back certain number of Mirage III and Mirage F1 retired from service, becomes a leader of this project. The first step consists in modernizing both types of planes, who receive a new name (Mirage III becomes Mirage 3000 and the Mirage F1, the Mirage F2000), by integrating them a new electronic suite (new radar, new ECM), new hardpoints and the most recent weapons (Active BVR missiles, cruise missiles).

Dassault thus uses three Mirage III E (s/n 507, 508 and 615 ) and a Mirage III BE (s/n 271) and sends them to modification on its Bordeaux-Mérignac site. The main modifications are the following ones:
  • Installation of a new jet engine (Atar 9K50 for the Mirage 3000 and Snecma M53 for the Mirage F2000);
  • Setting-up of the Thomson-CSF RC-400 radar for the Mirage 3000 and the Thomson RDY-3 radar for the Mirage F2000;
  • Emport of new armaments (including MICA, SCALP and AASM).

Presented at Paris Air Show in 1995, the success is immediate with countries interested in the modernization of their combat aircraft but also with certain countries worried of acquiring successful fighting planes for a reduced cost. The first export customer is Gabon, which signs a contract for eight single-seaters and three two-seaters, followed by Djibouti for thirteen single-seaters and two two-seaters. They will soon be joined by République Centrafricaine (five single-seaters and two two-seaters), Burkina Faso (seventeen single-seaters and three two-seaters), Benin and Togo (uncertain number of planes).

From his part, the French Air Force, which has took part in this project, receives the Mirage 3000 n°24 (ex-Mirage IIIE s/n 615) for evaluation purposes with the CEAM. The first evaluations turning out successfull, the device is affected to the "Alsace" squadron to undergo operational tests in operationnal conditions. In spite of a good feedback and a certain potential, the plane is returned to the manufacturer and the project put aside for the benefit of the Mirage F2000, which will allow a bigger compatibility with the Mirage 2000 fleet.

Hobbes

oliv30330

3/2 squadron !! hé  hé !!!  :wacko:  :wacko:

Pablo1965

Yes, interesting and well done.  :thumbsup:

Slerski

Thank you very much messieurs :)

Tophe

The little parts on the air intakes (too little to be called canards) seem a good mix of Mirage 3 and Mirage 2000. Like a missing link discovered by some explorator... :lol:

Slerski

Quote from: Tophe on October 14, 2011, 08:08:26 PM
The little parts on the air intakes (too little to be called canards) seem a good mix of Mirage 3 and Mirage 2000. Like a missing link discovered by some explorator... :lol:

They are sometimes referred as "canards" (really small and fixed but they are) or sometimes as "moustaches" but not fitted in the nose. So... Make your choice Sirs !!

And thank you for the "missing link" idea :)

Slerski

Let me introduce my two latest realizations :

Boulton-Paul TBP-2
CVL-22 USS Independence
Early 1943

PR19_Kit

That is neat! It almost doesn't look like a Defiant with that three tone colour scheme.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit