In praise of Drinks Swizzle Sticks!

Started by JayBee, November 19, 2009, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

I have already extoled the virtues of Drink.................Swizzle Sticks.

In my build of the Nimrod MR2, four British Airways Swizzle Sticks were sacrificed to provide the MAD boom, two observation blisters, and the Leigh light.
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25003.0.html

So I thought that you might like to see what I am talking about.

Here are the first lot.
The one in the middle is the aforementioned British Airways example. Clear plastic, circular section, and the same cross section all the way along.
Very useable.

The one at the top, green and square cross section, I can not remember where they came from, but as I have more than one, I suspect they were from flights somewhere.
Again very useable.

The bottom one. Clear plastic, with a slightly opaque surface texture, has a symetrical streamlined section, perfect for struts. That came from Thomas Cook Airlines, about two months ago.

Now though, I have a new addition to the collection, and that was obtained at the Holiday Inn at SMW, Telford.
One of my good assistants is holding it, and you should be able to see what the brand is.

It reminded me of something, and then I got the connection.
Any of you who has watched the film or TV series of Stargate SHOULD see what I have, but that will be  a whole new thread.

Cheers,

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2009, 01:26:14 AM
Ah the King of Gins  :drink:

Indeed. You have very good taste, JayBee.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

dragon

I can see the swords being used for off-scale figures....What does one use the umbrellas for?
:drink:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST