Non-Whif Section

Started by Scooterman, November 28, 2009, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see a section in the Forum for Real World subjects?

Sure, Why Not
15 (46.9%)
Take a Leap, Scooterman!!
17 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: December 05, 2009, 08:21:04 PM

Radish

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

theunknownmodeler

Ok, so I'm only new here... but I voted no. This site seems open to any type of modeling and that is all that is important really, the emphasis though should be on whatif.

Scooterman

OK OK this was a bad idea on my part!!! :banghead:  I value everyone's comments and votes, but I'm going to end it here.  It hasn't got to that point yet, but I don't want nor was I trying to stir the pot with the poll, but it has been dangling VERY close to the edge so we're done.  I'm going to lock this down before something gets out of hand.  If you wish to continue this, please either email or PM me.

Scooterman  (bowing lowly and slowing backing away)

Supertom

Hi Scooterman,

I know this is a little late (that'll teach me to stay away from the computer during the holidays!) but here's my thought on this:

1) As much as having a RW section would be neat, it would detract from the site's main focus.

2) There's lots of other RW sites around (eg the Big Three) so why compete with that?

3) As we tend to run on a shoestring budget, server space had always been a premium.  The nice thing about not having new whatifs pop upall the time is that it takes a while to fill up the available space.  If everybody started to post their RW stuff all of a sudden we'd lose all our server space within a few days, probably.

That's all I have to say about that.  Thanks for the idea though.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"