ARSENAL VG.20 SCRATCH 1/72

Started by CAO 700, November 30, 2009, 06:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAO 700

Hi, I'm new here and I'm french (nobody's perfect...). You will understand very quickly that I'm a very bad english writer and speaker, so I apologize for that.

I'm not a very great modeller and this is my first scratch-built model.

The Arsenal VG.20 was a project of the engineers Vernisse and Galtier of the Arsenal de l'AĆ©ronautique. It had to be built with non-strategic materials as wood. A mock-up was realized but but the real aircraft had never been constructed.

So I decided to build it! I used parts of various kits: Loire 130 Replica, Ilyushin Il.2 Shturmovik Mikro72, Arsenal VG.33/39 Azur.

Just before the Armistice (June 25th 1940), some VG.20 crossed the Mediterranean Sea to Algeria. They were posted to the III/4 GC (Fighter Group) at Alger-Maison Blanche.

Some pictures:

Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

The Rat

Quote from: CAO 700 on November 30, 2009, 06:11:47 AM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm french (nobody's perfect...).

Well, if you're not Canadian then you're always going to be less than perfect!  ;D

Quote from: CAO 700 on November 30, 2009, 06:11:47 AMYou will understand very quickly that I'm a very bad english writer and speaker, so I apologize for that.

Better than my French!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: CAO 700 on November 30, 2009, 06:11:47 AMI'm not a very great modeller...

LIAR! You're an EXCELLENT modeler! A lot of us here wish we could tackle a project like that and have it come out looking fantastic. BEAUTIFUL!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ed S

Beautiful.  A damn fine model.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

Wow, like Ratty says, I think that's a great piece of modelling!  Fantastic job on subject I never seen before.  Very unusual engine configuration, similar to the Bolkhovitinov S, I wonder if the VG.20 would have succeeded where the Spartak failed?
:wub: :ph34r: :wub:

Great introduction CAO, nice to have you here! :thumbsup:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Dam that's nice: great intro CAO 700!  :thumbsup: :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Hotte

Captain Canada

Now that is nice ! Beautiful job...love the camo and the weathering....very well done. It's always nice to see something you've never seen, kinda like Christmas morning !

Thanks for sharing !

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tanktastic43

CAO 700

Thank you very much for all these kind words, I'm very pleased that you enjoy with this model. :ph34r: I will post pictures of some other models! ;D

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Doc Yo

Very impressive, indeed! I remember reading a little about other Arsenal fighters, but this is a new one to
me.

BlackOps

Your english must be very bad, I'm sure you meant to say you are a very good modeler!  ;D   Very nice work. Welcome to the group.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

That's one heck of an introduction, CAO 700! The way you worked all the different kits together to get this outcome is simply astounding and I don't think I've ever seen W.W. II French camo done more convincingly.

Welcome to the asylum! I hope you enjoy your stay!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

kitnut617

Hi CAO, you will fit in here very well, very nice build  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

CAO 700

Thank you again!

Yes, I saw that there are a lot of mad modelers here, but I think we are ALL mad! There are o lot of very good and imaginative modelers, it's very interesting! :lol: