Main Menu

How low can you go?

Started by GTX, November 30, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Found this pic of a Rhodesian Canberra allegedly being flown through a hangar here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petert.pandm/

Note that I say "allegedly" because even the source site doesn't seem sure whether it's genuine or not. I have my doubts...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

The aircraft seems in pretty sharp focus, odd for something that close going that fast. Does anyone more familiar with Canberras know if it should be leaving a smoke trail? Plus this looks like a suicidal thing to do.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mr.Creak

According to Prune http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia/276943-raaf-canberra-low-flying-did-happen.html it's airbrushed-out jacks...
And someone else pointed out the lack of occupant in the cockpit.
What if... I had a brain?

PR19_Kit

A finer piece of PhotoShop work I've yet to see......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: Mr.Creak on July 14, 2013, 08:24:03 PM
According to Prune http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia/276943-raaf-canberra-low-flying-did-happen.html it's airbrushed-out jacks...
And someone else pointed out the lack of occupant in the cockpit.

Airbrushed-out jacks also occurred to me after I'd posted.... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Found this thread on pprune about the Good Old Days of Jag flying in Oman:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/81053-low-level-omani-jags-6.html

Most of the pics don't work now, but these ones do:

This is apparently a hand rail from the steps of a range safety officer's cabin:

The caption to this one says the car was hit by both strakes, but other accounts of the incident says it was a centreline tank that the pilot of the buzzing Jag forgot he had on:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Ref. the Jaguar pics, see post #9 of the thread for a vid of them, very blurred but awesome nonetheless.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow. And they look so good in that sand scheme.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

You can always tell which pilots aren't married!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

I'm impressed by the head on Hunter shot.  Not many people would have the balls to stand there and take it, while a jet fighter is rushing at them, head high!   :blink:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Alvis 3.14159

A tripod and a long air release can do wonders to improve your courage!

:)

Alvis Pi

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

That pic just looks wrong ! I don't believe it's photo shopped but it sure looks weird. Even the shadow looks red ? Weird. And the pilot looks shocked  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 02, 2014, 09:41:54 PM
Weird. And the pilot looks shocked  :thumbsup:

I bet he's not half as shocked as the photog who's about to get splattered by the Iskra!  :o

But I reckon that's photshopped actually, the red 'smoke' looks as if it's airbrushed, the density's not varied enough for reality, and you can see a reflection of a marshaller on the nose, with his bats upward. I think it was shot  as the Iskra was taxiing to a stop and they 'brushed the wheels out and lifted it up a tad, then added the smoke.

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2014, 01:46:36 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on October 02, 2014, 09:41:54 PM
Weird. And the pilot looks shocked  :thumbsup:

I bet he's not half as shocked as the photog who's about to get splattered by the Iskra!  :o

But I reckon that's photshopped actually, the red 'smoke' looks as if it's airbrushed, the density's not varied enough for reality, and you can see a reflection of a marshaller on the nose, with his bats upward. I think it was shot  as the Iskra was taxiing to a stop and they 'brushed the wheels out and lifted it up a tad, then added the smoke.

There's a discussion on this in the comments, one poster gives this explanation:
QuoteGuys, the marshaller some of you see is the reflection of the plane's shadow. The two red dots on the end are cones/pylons/intakes located on the plane's nose. The RWY numbers are around the tip of the nose, check the geometry of the centerline in relation to the shadow.

Another couple of the same subject from the same photographer:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Poland---Air/PZL-Mielec-TS-11-Iskra/0305067/L/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Poland---Air/PZL-Mielec-TS-11-Iskra/0305067/L/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.