Main Menu

How low can you go?

Started by GTX, November 30, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

wasnt that the harrier that crashed at khandahar a few years back?...still not released the cause as i remember...might be wrong tho
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Leading Observer

My father tells a tale of his National Service days at Horsham St Faiths. There was an aussie pilot flying Hornets who used to take off for circuits and then time his run back over the airfield to co-incide with the NAAFI wagon crossing the end of the runway. He would feather his props and come over the threshold virtually silently, re-starting just as he passed over the wagon ;D Station Commandant evidently had to issue a reprimand with a broad grin on his face.
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

pyro-manic

Bit of a bump, but I thought this was quite a nice one, and an aircraft not seen often enough:

8 Sqn Venom at Sharjah, 1960.

And some Hunters, again in the Middle East.

From www.radfanhunters.co.uk
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

scooter

How about minus 38,500 thousand feet?

:thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on January 14, 2012, 11:43:09 AM
How about minus 38,500 thousand feet?

Ah, but did anyone take a piccie of it down there?  ;D

The IAF may have some piccies at negative levels flying over the Dead Sea perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Agreed, the Venom is an a/c not seen enough. Always wanted to do a bunch for the RCAF and RCN. Someday....

The first Hunter pic really does it for me. The fort, the tents, the fenced in compound, the Austers.....wicked shot !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Yeah, very impressed with the Venom!

I agree, we need modern mainstream injection kits of the Vampire & Venom.  At least Revell have re-released the venerable old Heller Vampire.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Indeed. Perhaps Airfix will get to it at some point. I just hope it's not someone like Dragon, who will charge obscene amounts for an overly-complex kit...

rickshaw

I've been trying to figure out how they got those Hunter pictures.  I suspect they were taken from the nose of a Canberra.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

pyro-manic

Actually from the nose camera of the Hunter FR.10 flying immediately behind it. :thumbsup:

MilitaryAircraft101

The topmost Auster in the first Hunter image nearly fooled me into thinking it was a flying biplane Auster  :blink: That Hunter one would be great to get framed  :wub:

pyro-manic

PR19_Kit

Someone, who'd better remain nameless, described a low pass by a 208 Sqdn. Buccaneer pilot who, on his last military flight before retirement, requested a 'Goodbye Fly-past'. When permission was given he flew the aircraft between the Tower and the adjacent hangar BELOW the level of the Tower balcony!  :o :o

Apparently there are piccies somewhere, but they are very closely guarded.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Riksbar

I remember seeing aircraft leaving the Tees-side airshow the morning after from the control tower balcony as a kid back in the 70's when my mum worked, there and I definitely looked down on the top of a Bucc and a Lightning going between the tower and the nearest hangar.  I was also told stories of a Vulcan doing the same.
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."