Main Menu

How low can you go?

Started by GTX, November 30, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on August 29, 2012, 03:58:41 PM
British Airways VC10
Landing gear would have been a good think there.  Just in case, ya know?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

The Belgian Air Force Magisters made a habit of such silliness. I've seen them twice and BOTH times they almost needed repaints to the fuselage underside!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

CANSO

This was the lowest buzzing jet I've seen live (up to date):

Heavy Metal Jet Team, Lake Ontario, Toronto, September 2011.

Dizzyfugu

Steel Penguin

not after that!  any clues as to where / when?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 11, 2013, 04:59:30 AM
not after that!  any clues as to where / when?

it looks like diego garcia...................... after taking off from the air base there planes fly along the beach and bufs are based there
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Steel Penguin

i asked as the 2 trails in the back ground look like launch / impact trails and one seems to end in a  white cloud of some kind
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Dizzyfugu

No idea from when or where it is - but it looks like a part of a celebration? The smoke trails are pretty close to the viewer, might be fireworks?

kitnut617

Well the bomb bay doors are open, so I don't think it's a regular flight ----- The white nose also suggests sometime ago.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

I'd assume it's in the 70ies, and a kind of parade/special occasion demonstration, nothing regular. But I wonder how this would be, esp. when the thing passes at this distance...  :wacko:

kitnut617

Pretty much how one looked from where I was standing at Calgary International (YYC) a few years ago, I was in the viewing area at the south end of the main runway which is just by the perimeter fence when the B-52 that was appearing at the Lethbridge Airshow for that weekend took off to return back to it's base.  It had arrived on the Friday and flew the two days at the airshow but stayed overnights at Calgary.  I was about where that guy in the photo is from it too, and it was a bit lower but had it's u/c gear up by the time it passed me.  I've got photos of it but on 35mm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

eatthis

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2012, 08:18:13 AM
Someone, who'd better remain nameless, described a low pass by a 208 Sqdn. Buccaneer pilot who, on his flight military flight before retirement, requested a 'Goodbye Fly-past'. When permission was given he flew the aircraft between the Tower and the adjacent hangar BELOW the level of the Tower balcony!  :o :o

Apparently there are piccies somewhere, but they are very closely guarded.  ;D

iv seen the pic but cant find it now iv also seen a videos of it im sure it was on a buc tribute on youtube.
it was flying no more than 5 feet off the deck and rapidly too by the look of it
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Father Ennis

I would like to share this experience I had when I was a small boy.  Back in the late 50's when I was in grade school, my family and I visited a Doctor friend in Tulsa. His clinic was located near the Tulsa International Airport. As we were going out the front door we heard a loud noise and looking off to my right, I saw something unbelieviable ... !!!  There was a solid black with red markings USAF Canbara coming.in for a landing. It was flying just over the telephone poles and was literally,just across the road from where I was standing !!!   I had just recently built the "new" Revell kit of it !!!  I was close enough to wave and get a wave back from the crew. That was over 50 yrs. ago, but I remember it like yesterday.