Main Menu

How low can you go?

Started by GTX, November 30, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

It's not "photoshopped". By which you mean "composited", created to show something that didn't happen. It is post-processed - it's had the shadows lifted to reduce the contrast between light and dark, and show details which would otherwise be obscured in the shadows. This is probably what's caused the smoke to look slightly odd.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

What about the reflection of the marshaller in the nose cone then? And how come the photog isn't dead?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

It's not a reflection of a marshaller. It's the reflection of the aircraft's own shadow on the runway, and a couple of little fairings on the Iskra's nose, shown in the photo below:

And the photographer was probably a fair distance away with a very long lens (400mm or more I would suggest), giving him plenty of time to duck down, and the pilot to pull up and away. The guy is good - his website's here, and is very impressive: http://www.air2air.net/

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I wonder if the CAA had a few words about that...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Martin H

they will once Dave see's that photo lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

What a great shot ! Be cool to have been one of those lucky buggers.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Tidying the attic at Mum's house, I found my stash of "Giles" cartoon books. The first ever book has a cartoon from mid 1944 of a Dutch mother leaning out of her windmill shouting to her children " Come out of the road, you'll get run over!"  Rapidly approaching up said road are a gaggle of Mosquitos at about two feet three inches off the deck.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, I can remember that one too.  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Use to love Giles. Bullied my dad into buying the Express (and him a good Labour man  :rolleyes:). One of the highlights of Christmas was getting the Annual

His biography is interesting. One of the first into Belsen and he found out the camp commandant was a Giles fan ! Apparently said Commandant gave him his swastika armband which Giles then put away in an old shoebox. It was found when he died. Giles comments that he found it very strange to be discussing cartoons and drawing with a man who'd run the camp
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Cool. Be nice to see a pic of it if you can get one. Off to Google it myself  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Not super low, but low enough. Prototype Shackleton, Farnborough, 1951.

https://flic.kr/p/qkYcst

Captain Canada

Way cool. I see how that cartoon would have piqued the imagination of many a young fan....and that Shak pic is just brill. Would have loved to have heard that one.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?