KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KiwiZac on May 14, 2017, 01:51:08 PM

It's not a plane, but...

There are some on here who'd argue that point of course <sigh>
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I understood that helicopters don't actually fly.  They just vibrate so appallingly that the ground rejects them.

Come to think of it, where do we stand on hovercraft as "flying machines"?  No doubt Kit will tell us that they are unfeasibly noisy beasts too!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

It's not a plane, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve1nb7GjkjI

Fan-bloody-tastic.  Not only someone waterskiing behind a flying machine (see what I did there?) but Larry Hagman to boot.
Standing ovation for you Zac.

Having been involved in operating hovercraft on the sludge drying pans at the sewage treatment plant I can confirm they are indeed flying machines.  But it's the liquid waste which is doing most of the flying.  Disposable white paper overalls would be black in a matter of minutes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 15, 2017, 01:30:31 AM

Come to think of it, where do we stand on hovercraft as "flying machines"?  No doubt Kit will tell us that they are unfeasibly noisy beasts too!

They're surely noisy, especially when you're standing a foot away from one of their APUs, but I bet they'd make great water-ski tugs.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Quote from: zenrat on May 15, 2017, 01:40:01 AM
It's not a plane, but...

Fan-bloody-tastic.  Not only someone waterskiing behind a flying machine (see what I did there?) but Larry Hagman to boot.
Deadly Encounter is one of the two great Hughes 500 action movies. I think the whole thing's on YouTube. Because I watched it endlessly as a kid this, not Dallas or Jeannie, is how I knew who Larry was!
Zac in NZ

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 15, 2017, 07:55:08 AM

They're surely noisy, especially when you're standing a foot away from one of their APUs, but I bet they'd make great water-ski tugs.  ;D

Right up until the moment the skier goes through the fan... :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: KiwiZac on May 15, 2017, 08:43:28 PM
It's not a plane, but...

Deadly Encounter is one of the two great Hughes 500 action movies. I think the whole thing's on YouTube. Because I watched it endlessly as a kid this, not Dallas or Jeannie, is how I knew who Larry was!

What's the other, Airwolf?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on May 16, 2017, 05:25:56 AM
It's not a plane, but...

Airwolf was a Bell 222.  He's probably talking Magnum PI :laugh:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 15, 2017, 09:54:11 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 15, 2017, 07:55:08 AM

Right up until the moment the skier goes through the fan... :o

Depends on the hovercraft. An SRN4 could tow maybe 20 skiers as it had the same power a Bristol Britannia, and the props were 30 ft above the water.

I wonder if anyone really DID water ski behind a hovercraft?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 16, 2017, 11:32:12 AM

I wonder if anyone really DID water ski behind a hovercraft?  ;D

Don't know about that, but I do know that someone (a gentleman from SBS, I believe) did actually water ski behind HMS Brazen some years ago.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

KiwiZac

Quote from: scooter on May 16, 2017, 05:46:06 AM
Quote from: Mossie on May 16, 2017, 05:25:56 AM

Airwolf was a Bell 222.  He's probably talking Magnum PI :laugh:
Birds Of Prey, directed - like Deadly Encounter - by William A Graham.
Zac in NZ

Hobbes

I just came across the famous Spitfire low pass that nearly scalped Alain de Cadenet, this time the original uncut footage in high resolution, with some extra information and the above photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOoiEbtf2w

Rick Lowe

Holy Shmackerel! That's an expensive weed-eater, right there!  :o :o