MiG 3...................RAF style

Started by beowulf, December 07, 2009, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

another from an Alternative Time Line thread i started somewhere else

Late 1942, desperatly short of fighter aircraft, the Commonwealth Forces enter a trade agreement with the USSR............first to arrive was nearly 120 new and used MiG 3

used in North Africa they give valuable service against the German and Italian Air Forces in Eygpt and Chad but never become popular with their RAF and Rhodesian Squadrons and are quickly replaced when better types become available

kit was a cheapo Zvedsa one...........first time ive had a go at the blu tac method of camo painting..........planes are still kinda new to me but im getting there i think
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Brian da Basher

You've really done some wonderful work on that desert camo, beowulf, and it certainly looks right on a MiG 3!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

tanktastic43

Looks natural to me. Good job.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cobra

Great Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I Almost Mistook that Mig-3 for a Hurricane!!!!!!!!! Great Paint & Decal job!!!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!!!! :cheers:

beowulf

Quote from: GTX on December 08, 2009, 12:37:24 AM
Dare I say:

From here.

regards,

Greg

well.........great minds obviously think alike  ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:,......wish i had seen all that before

thanks for all the comments, guys...appreciated :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

That looks good (mind you, I don't know how you'd make a MiG-3 look bad): well done!  :thumbsup: :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Very nice!  I've sometimes wondered what Soviet types would look like in RAF & USAAF service if lend-lease worked in both directions, I guess I know now!
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Looks good.  The color & markings definitely suit the MiG-3.

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.