Main Menu

P.1154 RAF

Started by Hobbes, December 13, 2009, 06:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

That is serious modeling! :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

That's some top-notch work, Harro!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Hobbes

Thanks gents. The kit was a pleasure to build; good results are easy with such good materials.

noxioux

Coming in late as usual. . .

That's a real beauty.  The Harrier look really sharpens up when you give it some rakishness.

On canopies, I usually sand down to 2000 grit, then follow that with some automotive rubbing compound.  The last stage is dipping in future, setting it on a paper towel and covering it with something.

Future really is the key.  Model building would be misery without it.

nev

Great save Harro, and I look forward to seeing more pics because IMO this looks like your best work yet :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

What an excellent job!  :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Glenn Gilbertson

Great build and painting - beautiful model! :thumbsup:

anthonyp

Awesome!  I was going to do mine up as a USN fighter off of one of their VSS/SCS's.  Trying to find some older pics of one someone did with two nuclear anti-ship missiles under the fuselage for some ideas (at least I think it was a P.1154).

(That was the P1152 a larger beast carrying a pair of Green Cheese weapons. http://www.skomer.u-net.com/projects/greencheese.htm)

BSP IV on Missilesnad Hypersonics has 1154 with Typhon missiles

G
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Hobbes

Now that the newsletter is out, here's the rest of the photos:

nev

Yep, stand by my earlier comment Harro - your best work yet :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitbasher

Now I've never been a fan of the P1154 - it's never looked 'right' to me, a bit too spindly and in need of a bigger wing maybe - but that is a very nice model, sir.

In the main, I find the Hawker fighter projects of the 40s, 50s and 60s really fascinating and generally very striking in appearance.  Tony Buttler's Secret Projects books contain some great drawings of these; the P1090 I particularly like, and I've plans for something later this year that is 'inspired' by (but not a model of) it.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

ysi_maniac

Serious whiffery indeed! :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on January 17, 2010, 06:14:10 AM
Now I've never been a fan of the P1154 - it's never looked 'right' to me, a bit too spindly and in need of a bigger wing maybe - but that is a very nice model, sir.

Mike McEvoy has mated the 1154 fusalage with the latter Harrier "Big Wing" .... Looks right

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

trekaddict

In an AH I am working on the P.1154 is named the Harrier and adopted, not only by a much larger than RL Royal Navy and RAF but also great a plenty allied Air Forces.   :wub:

anthonyp

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 18, 2010, 01:39:39 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on January 17, 2010, 06:14:10 AM

Mike McEvoy has mated the 1154 fusalage with the latter Harrier "Big Wing" .... Looks right

Hate you, hate you, hate you, hate you....

STOP GIVING ME IDEAS!!!!  I thought I was good with one P.1154, but NOOOOOO, you had to post that and make me want another one  ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man