Latest off the bench...caution RW

Started by matrixone, December 13, 2009, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Thanks ysi_maniac!

The spinner spiral is hand painted, I have never tried using decals on my spinners.

Here is how I paint my spinner spirals:

1. Paint the spinner gloss black.
2. Using a narrow liner paint brush I brush paint the spiral with flat white paint (just an outline at this stage)
3. After the white paint has dried for a couple hours I again paint the spiral onto the spinner, this time I take care to have it neat and tidy.
4. Repeat step 3 if needed (a lot of times it is needed)
5. After the spiral looks good enough to you, spray the spinner with a gloss coat. When it comes time to spray the flat clear coat on the model don't forget to spray the spinner too.

The above sounds like a lot of trouble but its actually quite easy to do, I have been doing it this way for years.

HTH

Matrixone

Sisko

Always love your work mate very nice!

Real world or not it is still good to see.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

matrixone

Thanks Sisko, I appreciate the welcome back. :cheers:

Matrixone

noxioux

One of these days you're gonna have to break down and do a 1/144 gundam or throw a hasegawa VF-1 in one of those dio's.

matrixone

noxioux,
There are some oddball things that will appear in some of my pics later on, things that only whiffers could appreciate.
Also there is my ''Top Secret'' bomber project that I want to finish up by April 1st, but right now my bench is filled with Fw 190s and want to finish them in the next couple months.

Below is my latest Fw 190, it should be ready for paint in a few days.

After the above Dora is finished my next two Fw 190s will be what-ifs. :wacko:

Matrixone