Italeri 1/72 A-7D "Sluf", VMA-323, F4U livery

Started by srkirad, December 18, 2009, 12:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

* * * B U M P * * *
The people (me) demand an update !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

srkirad

:) I'm glad you're interested in progress on this project of mine, but I had some "construction works" at home - as I live in older built building, we didn't have etage (central) heating, but only via electric devices, so now we're in the middle of process of installing pipes for heating through whole flat, meaning that I have no time and appropriate conditions for spraying the kit ;)

but believe me, I'm eager to continue works on SLUF as much as you do ;)

hopefully I will make an update as soon as possible...

P.S. .. I got some awful cold so I came back from work today :( following days will look like "staying in bed, drinking hot tea, watching movies... reading modeling books :D ... and thinking about SLUF! :D"

catch you soon ;)

cheers,
Srdjan
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

Mossie

Looking forward to seeing it done Srdjan! :thumbsup:  I've got a TA-7C in the stash that keeps calling to me, although I've ignored it so far!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

wolfik

we have teh 5th July today!!!!! where is the marines dream????????
I planned to build the hobby boss TA-7 to a USMC night attacker...with harrier markings.
hmhmm...where deadlocked all these projects  :wub:

srkirad

Guys, guess what - yesterday the bird got its coat of Flat Sea Blue! ;)

Sorry, but no photos yet - I only managed to spray overall coat of Blue, today I'm gonna lighten a bit colour itself and spray it only over the middle of panels...

Hopefully I will have some photos later this evening....

Well, think about it... ;) :D

Cheers,
Srdjan
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
www.maketarskikutak.com

srkirad

As I promised this morning, here are the photos! :)

"Sluf" received an overall coat of Model Master Flat Sea Blue, and lightened shade of it over middle parts of panels...

Hopefully looks like an F4U "camouflage"...  :rolleyes:

(Please, ignore panel lines "colour" that looks a bit violet - in reality everything is blue - I'll have to find matching background for this livery!)

All comments and critiques are very welcome - thanks!
Srdjan
www.maketarskikutak.com

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Yikes, this puts my own airbrushing ability to shame!   :o
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

srkirad

thanks BlackOps and John ;)

One step closer to the finish ;)

Exhaust was done with Model Master Metalizers - Jet Exhaust and Burnt Metal

Kit was coated with Future, and then decals were positioned - a combination of kit decals (A-7 service markings) and F4U VMA-323 decals (all markings). Then I chipped decals a bit with a brush thinned into nitro thinner.... Finally, decals were sealed with another coat of Future.

Regarding to decals, I had a lot of problems with those borrowed from F4U kit! They are printed by Zanchetti and are a bit thicker, so I thought that there will be no trouble.. However, they were crumpling during transfer from decal sheet to kit, so I had to use A LOT of water to transfer them properly :( Some of them were rendered useless so I had to use "reserve" decals from second box of Italeri F4U - they were a bi thinner than first ones, also printed by Zanchetti, and had a bit more nice colours... BUT... they are also older, and they began to break apart during transfer to the kit... so some of markings were made as "puzzle" from pieces of these decals :( Having all that on mind, I think that final result is not so bad?

A metal plates in the root of horizontal stabilizers were painted with Model Master Chrome Silver (all that area masked with Tamiya tape)

Next step is wash, followed with another coat of Future in order to prepare model for "dot filter" - technique to add various colours (artistic oils) on surface of model and then rub it with brush in order to "weather" the surface...

Thanks for reading, hope you have some comments, critiques and suggestions. :)

Regards,
Srdjan
www.maketarskikutak.com

Mossie

Lovely Srdjan!  Very impressive work on the subtle weathering.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

I'd like to be associated with the previous comments  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Logan Hartke

I saw the pics on Facebook.  That's a real looker!  Very nice!

Cheers,

Logan

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.