Red Star Resurgence

Started by Taiidantomcat, December 18, 2009, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on April 20, 2010, 03:09:42 AM
I will second that :bow: :bow:
That colour scheme is excellent,

And I'll third it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

One taken outside that shows the colors a little better:

Thanks for the nomination and feedback everyone  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

I am going to have to go and repaint all my Honduras air force planes now >:(
Cos this colour scheme is so going to have to be used on them ;D
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

bearmatt

Very nice thread indeed.

What about licence production Tu-52 "Badcat"...?  :banghead:  :thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

pedrospe

that's some great work , i really love those camouflage schemes, i wish i could do some of those on my aircraft.

regards

Pedro

Taiidantomcat

Yakovlev Yak-43 Firebug, Novoya Zemlya 1988

:cheers:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Cliffy B

WOW!!!!!  Please explain this friggin awesome creation of yours Taiidan.   :wub:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

pyro-manic

Good grief. :blink: That's an insane camouflage scheme, TTC. Did you draw around the patches with a pen, or mask it?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

I did a little bit of everything  :lol: I primed it gray, masked the spots (lozenges?) then I brush painted the other two grays and outlined everything in pen. Got the idea from a comic book. It took a while, lots of cutting and touching up. I gloss coated the ink and PRAYED that it wouldn't run, applying light coats and graduating to heavy. Success! A couple weeks went by and it was time to decal, so to remove any dust I wetted a paper towel to wipe off any dust and disaster!! The ink ran all over the wing!   :banghead: I looked at the gloss I used and it said it was "moisture resistant" double  :banghead: :banghead: I cleaned it up as best as I could, redoing all the colors and ink.  bought heavy duty gloss coat, made a sacrifice to the modeling gods  :bow: and tried again. It worked and My lovely girlfriend and I decaled it together (she helped with everything and did the bort numbers all by herself.) Flat coat to seal it and bam picture time!

Ordnance to come. Going to build and finish its missiles along with the stuff for the Fleetstar A earlier in the thread. This model is scale-o-ramed to 1/32.
Saur gets credit for the brilliant NATO Codename  :thumbsup:

This model has a real history and I am happy to have finished it, two schemes and a few redesigns later. Here it is in its original scheme that I wasn't satisfied with:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23187.0.html

Sauragnmon

Sweet zombie jesus... I get some glasses, and that is the first thing I see in real colour - mother of god that is an awesome paintjob.  The inked edges really give it a sharpness that makes it not only pop, but bang, whizz and snap as well.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Doc Yo

Ah, that is a drop-dead gorgeous paint scheme on the last bird, Tomcat. I almost missed the extra pair of engines under the wings...brilliant. ( I shall have to steal it at some point. )

tanktastic43

Er, wow! Just about covers it.

Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

sideshowbob9

A M A Z I N G camo on the firebug!  :bow:

Eddie M.

I have to say that is one of the most striking paint schemes I've ever seen. I love it! ;D
Look behind you!