Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

i visited the trumpeter website a few days ago, and what did i found, they will be releasing a new tooled 1/144 F-22A Raptor (production version, not the YF-22  :thumbsup:)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

I've never seen any reference to the F-8 using the Shrike.  Plus it should be on a rail like a LAU-118, not directly attached to the pylon.  My guess would be they glued something on last minute for the pic.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Aircav

Wonder how much the Academy Lightning will be when it comes out.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

John Howling Mouse

Man, I loved my old Hasegawa Lightning: practically fell together and I What Iffed it back when I didn't know what Whiffery even was!  I used a Matchbox pilot and Airfix decals.   Mmmmmm....

Looking forward to Trumpeter's, Academy's and whomever else wants to release one!   -_-
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Oohhh and you built it in "in-flight" mode too, Mr Howling Mouse! I bet it was fun doing strafing runs on the housepets in that baby!

Vrrrrooooooooooommm!!!

Brian da Basher

Maverick

Trumpeter 72nd scale Chinook is up for review on Modellversium (auf Deutsch naturlich)

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3456

Regards,

Mav

Jennings

WHERE ARE THE RIVETS!?!?!?!  I want rivets!!??  No, belay that.  I want DIVOTS!!!  The airframe has to be covered with divots to be accurate!  Send it back for a re-do!

:)

J

PS:  It's nice to see they're getting Chinese school kids involved in decal art production.  That's very noble of them.  Teach those 4th graders a useable skill.
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Jeffry Fontaine

For the language challenged, Chris Banyai-Riepl has a review of the Trumpeter 1/72 CH-47A Chinook on Internet modeler: http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/june/first-looks/trumpeter_chinook.php
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Weaver

Quote from: Jennings on June 01, 2008, 08:11:59 PM
WHERE ARE THE RIVETS!?!?!?!  I want rivets!!??  No, belay that.  I want DIVOTS!!!  The airframe has to be covered with divots to be accurate!  Send it back for a re-do!

Heh - reminds me of a tale......

My uncle used to work for Ferranti's Training Simulator Group. They'd just finished their first Lynx trainer, and were very proud of having got everything from the vibrations to the sound to the look of the thing absolutely right, and got an AAC instructor pilot in to "customer test" it for the first time. First thing he said?

"The rivets are wrong!"

"What?"

"The rivets are wrong on the cockpit frame!"

"Well does it really matter?"

"Damn right it does - I always line those two rivets up whem I'm landing and I teach all my pupils the same. Can't land it without them rivets!"

He stuck to his guns and they had to get two little plastic fake rivets made up and stuck to each cockpit..... ;D

I've always wondered if this was a "real" issue or a "Jelly Baby Test", i.e. the equivalent of the rock band who used to write a requirement into their live concert contracts that a bowl of Jelly Babies to be provided in their dressing room, but only the blue ones..... It wasn't that they actually wanted the Jelly Babies, but it was a good instant test of whether the promoter had read ALL the requirements, including the important stuff about getting paid..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

PS:  It's nice to see they're getting Chinese school kids involved in decal art production. 

Those stars'n bars do look a wee bit anaemic don't they. Wonder why they seem to have problems with such 'basics'...... Ahhh well. I'll get a more excited if/when an RAF version wanders in to view.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on June 02, 2008, 05:20:44 AM
PS:  It's nice to see they're getting Chinese school kids involved in decal art production. 

Those stars'n bars do look a wee bit anaemic don't they. Wonder why they seem to have problems with such 'basics'...... Ahhh well. I'll get a more excited if/when an RAF version wanders in to view.

Ian

Got the A model a few weeks back, & it will be RAF!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

For those that want to know more about the $hithook.  The Technical Manual for the CH-47D is availalbe at this link:

TM-1-1520-240-10 Army CH-47D Heilcopter (EICRCD) Manual http://www.tpub.com/content/chhelicopters/TM-1-1520-240-10/
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Jeffry Fontaine

Gun Bunnies Rejoice!  Finally something new in the artillery category that will be injection molded instead of resin or white metal.  (link to topic on Track-Link with images).  This will look real good hitched up to one of those Italeri M900 series 5.0 ton trucks. 

Sotoolslinger, you were in an artillery unit, was yours 155 or 105? 

Of course in real life the M198 is old news and close to retirement and being replaced by the M777 155mm system.  But who really cares about that, it is a new mold and a very well known weapon system so I am a very happy camper!  Now the question is will I be able to afford one considering the rising prices for models in general.

Some references for those that are not normally interested in artillery and ground forces subjects:
Wikipedia entry for the M198 (155mm) Towed Howitzer
U.S. Army Fact File for the M198 (155mm) Towed Howitzer
Federation of American Scientists entry for the M198 (155mm) Towed Howitzer
Global Security entry for the M198 (155mm) Towed Howitzer
Aussie Armour 1/35th scale resin model of the M198 (155mm) Towed Howitzer (very expensive)

Captain Canada

Neat. I too wonder about the price. Would make a neat little diorama subject, as well as being towed as you say.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jeffry Fontaine

Todd,

Thanks for the comment, I was starting to think that the only thing that elicits a comment on this forum would be on any subject that has wings and a tail.  Granted it is only an artillery piece but it is still something to be happy about since it sports no swastika or has a designation starting with Me, Bf, FW, PzKw, or SdKfz if you know what I mean...