Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

I think whats going to be even more fun is the new Trumpeter Soviet B4 203mm Gun when it comes out  ;D :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Aircav on June 30, 2008, 09:57:35 AMI think whats going to be even more fun is the new Trumpeter Soviet B4 203mm Gun when it comes out  ;D :bow:
Yes, indeed.  If there was ever a more fitting image of a "Siege Engine" the B4 would be the tool to fit that description. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PanzerWulff

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm artillery I like bolth of them.BTW I see that Trump is going to make a B1 Centauro Armored car
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

LemonJello

Wait, wait, wait...hold on just a second while I stop my head from spinning!  Are you telling me that there's going to be models of both the M198 AND the Centauro?  They're going to be plastic and not resin?  Where do I go to stand in line for both of these?  I've been wanting these kits for the longest time, I'll be anxiously looking for these at my favorite online retailers.

Anybody hears more about these two, I demand they post it for all of us!
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: LemonJello on June 30, 2008, 05:03:14 PM
Wait, wait, wait...hold on just a second while I stop my head from spinning!  Are you telling me that there's going to be models of both the M198 AND the Centauro?  They're going to be plastic and not resin?  Where do I go to stand in line for both of these?  I've been wanting these kits for the longest time, I'll be anxiously looking for these at my favorite online retailers.

Anybody hears more about these two, I demand they post it for all of us!

LJ,

Take a look at this link from the PMMS Web Page for the Trumpeter Announcements
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

NARSES2

Oh that Soviet B4  :wub: There's that film footage of the Battle of Berlin with one firing over "open sights" ! I've got a few in 1/200 scale

Every time I go to a show I keep looking at those resin models of heavy WWI guns, one day. Reminds me of my W Brittan's working 15" Howitzer. The cartridge held a spring and the separate shell didn't half annoy the cat  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2008, 02:24:05 AM
Oh that Soviet B4  :wub: There's that film footage of the Battle of Berlin with one firing over "open sights" !
I remember seeing that, it would make an ace diorama  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2008, 02:24:05 AMThe cartridge held a spring and the separate shell didn't half annoy the cat
I remember having some kind of scale model of the 120mm WOMBAT that fired small projectiles based on some kind of spring device.  I think that was my first piece of artillery.  Was that produced under the Dinky Toy line? 

Anyway back on the subject at hand.  The call for a towed arrangement of the M198 behind a truck is absolutely the best way to display the model if you want to keep it simple and the M900 series trucks from Italeri will work best for that.  Now if you want to be extravagant, you could opt to place the piece behind one of the Italeri HEMMT or the Revell of Germany MAN tactical trucks, both of these vehicles would make a great prime mover for the M198 plus all of the other stuff needed to service the piece. 

PanzerWulff

When I get mine I'll probably Dio it ready to show why artie is known as "The King of the Battlefield". It would also be cool if Trumpy or anyone would make an injection M-777, I wish that someone would produce some of the more modern AA guns(or any AA guns other than german WWII ones so often produced)
"Panzer"

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: PanzerWulff on July 01, 2008, 08:05:35 AMI wish that someone would produce some of the more modern AA guns(or any AA guns other than german WWII ones so often produced)
I remember building the old Renwal 75mm Skysweeper anti-aircraft gun back in highschool.  I eventually took the gun and mounted it on a tank chassis to create a self-propelled anti-aircraft gun.  A great idea at the time but I guess in real life it was an obsolete weapon system that was replaced by surface to air missiles. 

Aircav

Russian's do rather well at combining the two, love the way the vehicle sit's down on its suspension when firing the cannon's  :wub: :wub: :wub:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JY-9nLay0&feature=related

Sir Sydney Camm

B777LR

Quote from: Aircav on July 01, 2008, 09:44:28 AM
Russian's do rather well at combining the two, love the way the vehicle sit's down on its suspension when firing the cannon's  :wub: :wub: :wub:

They manage quite well to shoot down my A-10 in LOMAC. Once got hit by a hiding Tunguska, that blew my whole tail section off. Didnt realise what had happened until i lost control and ejected...

PanzerWulff

Trumpy I want one Pleeeeeeeease!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: (Trumpy seems to be the only ones kicking out modern soviet gear that I have noticed that is)
"Panzer"

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: PanzerWulff on July 01, 2008, 01:52:43 PM
Trumpy I want one Pleeeeeeeease!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: (Trumpy seems to be the only ones kicking out modern soviet gear that I have noticed that is)
It would be nice if Trumpeter followed through on some of these kits with the fire control and search radars.  In particular the FAN SONG and SPOON REST radars for the SA-2 GUIDELINE and maybe the STRAIGHT FLUSH for the SA-6.  Also would be nice to see a 57mm S-60 and associated FIRE CAN radar.

RotorheadTX

I'm very pleased with the subject, but thoroughly cheezed-off by the scale!!
I'd very much like one in 1/72nd scale to sling under a CH-53E!!